Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3-4 centimeters dilated! How much more longer??

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

Today I went to my OBGYN appt. They said that the baby's head is really low (i forgot how much effacted I am but I THINK he said 90%) and that I am 3-4 cent. dilated. How much longer do you think I have?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Honestly, it could be 2 days to 4 weeks.   But hopefully, sooner, eh?

;-)

doulala

Jenny301
by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Everyone is different.  It could be tonight or it could be weeks.  There is really no way to tell.

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:45 PM

it depends on the person...You could be that way for weeks or you could go into labor tomorrow...it's very hard to say.. My one friend walked around 5cm's for a month!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

torttia
by Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Like 3 hours lol.

I went in with a broken water at 1.5cm and 18 hours later I had a baby (30 min of pushing)

CafeMom Tickers
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:48 PM

4 cm is considered active labor BUT  still could be a week could be within next hr lol!! good luck an congrats!!

itsaboy0908
by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I was 1cm and 80% effaced for 2 weeks then at my 38 week I was at 4cm. My ob/gyn sent me upstairs and started me on pitocin so it could be tonight or Christmas day. Its up to your baby

SamanthaRae_bby
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 3:09 AM

i was 4 cm at 37 weeks. delivered my daughter at 39w6d and i still was induced.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
sweetjessa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2009 at 4:58 AM

I have been dilated to 3 for 3weeks now which is fine with me I am only going on 32 weeks so the longer I stay this way the better I am kinda wondering when they will check me again the only reason I got check in the first place was because I had a internal u/s to see the babies brain because he is so  deep in my uterus good luck How far along are you anyways ?

Pregnancy ticker
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM

wow that is great you are that far along!  less work to do when the day comes.  everyone is different as for when you are going to go...sorry that doesnt help much! 

myHusbandRawks
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I know exactly how you feel! I walked around at four cm for a month with my last child and he was even late!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)