Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bigger Belly the Second Pregnancy?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

My belly is bigger this pregnancy.  Is that normal?  I'm not over eating or anything.  It just sticks out more than the last pregnancy.  I'm measuring on time for delivery, whereas the last pregnancy I measured 3 weeks behind.  I guess I'm just feeling huge and need some reassurance that it's normal to have a bigger belly with each pregnancy:(

Our company! I'm very proud!

by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Niki109
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM

My belly is definatly bigger this pregnancy than it was with my last.I am almost 38 wks. and i feel like I cant get any bigger.lol.

ang0343
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM

My belly was a lot bigger with my second pregnancy! The first pregnancy I started showing between 5 1/2 - 6 months and this last pregnancy I started showing at like 4 months. I am pretty sure it's normal to have a bigger belly the 2nd time around.

MissiHampt
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Yes, totally normal.  With my first, I didn't show much.....even at 9 months I really could hide it under a loose t-shirt.  Not this time.  My belly is huge and I have about another 6 weeks to go.

It's because the stomach muscles are a little weaker from the previous pregnancies and stretch out easier.

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

Baby_Aidans_Mom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM

It is very normal to have a bigger belly sooner with your second pregnancy. Everything has already been stretched out before so it doesnt take as long to get big. :) 

kbaby1624
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 8:45 PM

i kinda disagree w/ this theory lol..with my oldest i was BIG @ about 41/2 months..with my 2nd i was HUGE by 6 months..with this one..im still tiny...belly is takin its sweet time to grow with this one..

Gender Prediction

Get your own gender prediction!

StarMommy06
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I only took 1 belly picture with my DD (almost 4 years ago) but from what I recall I was much bigger with her.

Im showing earlier with this one, but I dont think Im as big as I was with Kaydence.

Oryon321
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I would say it's definitely normal! I am almost 23 weeks and I am the same size now as I ever got with my first one! Kinda scary...

CarrolnDj
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM

My frist Pregnancy  i was Huge ( side note it was a boy lol ) And with this one i am small my dr was worried that she wasnt growing right But shes right where she should be she just stays to my back so not a lot of bump in the front lol Good luck and merry xmas !!

katznkt
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I am HUGE compared to how big I was with my dd. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our new addition!

andreakb1
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 1:15 AM

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling bigger.  At least my butt is smaller than last time, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN