Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling baby kicking too high up?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am feeling this baby way higher up than I shoul be! Could this movement I'm feeling be anything else? I never measured ahead with DD and as far as I know this baby is right on schedule? The spot marked as 1 is normal. The spot marked as 2 is really high up for 17 weeks. Any feedback would be great! I have been feeling this for the last couple of days now. & I'm so lost as to why!

Momma to a 2 year old Princess & expecting our first Prince in June
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BaByMaMa27
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Bump! Is no one online?

montessori_mama
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM

This is only my first pregnancy, but based on my limited experience thus far, I wouldn't think that was too unusual.  I was measuring 5 weeks behind at one visit (24 weeks), and feeling baby only really, really low.  I never felt her above my belly button once until I was over 28 weeks!  I had an ultrasound to see why I was measuring so small, and it turned out that it was only because my daughter was in a transverse lie, so her position made my uterus short and wide.  Now, she has moved and my measurements were right on schedule last time.  I would think that could work both ways, and if baby is really just stretched out straight up and down, she could be causing your uterus to sit higher up in your stomach than it would otherwise.  I hope that theory makes sense ... it's late.  Anyway, that's my best guess ; )

Pregnancy Ticker

amber0678
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:05 AM

well, i dont see more than just a few inches difference, and that seems pretty normal to me. it doesnt seem to high. i'm carrying my 4th baby, and all i cansay is this...it's all starnge and weird when it comes to pregnancy. you just never know! your little one is probly flippin all around in there and its not unlikely that you would feel movement in that area. also, remember that all your internal organs are being moved as well! so you may be feeling some sort of feeling from that.... 

CafeMom Tickers

penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I don't think this is unusual. Although you may feel the kicks on spot #2 it could just be the movement reflecting higher up because I was the same way and I was like, why is she so far up? LOL. Also it could be that every woman doesn't have the same body, length, posture, so the baby can be a little higher than other babies from time to time. When the baby kicks or moves sometimes you can feel it higher even if she is in her right spot. I feel my baby way up near my chest sometimes and I'm 27 weeks. You're fine and don't worry about it unless your doctors tell you that something is going on which I highly doubt anything is.

CafeMom Tickers
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Im almost 14 weeks and i felt kicks in spot 2 this morning....

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I was going to post the same thing last night! All my books and information says that my uterus is like an inch or two below my belly button... but I've been feeling her kick wher your number two is and even like an inch higher! I'm not measuring ahead either. But I know it's her. I know what kicks and movements feel like AND I saw her kick there. I have no idea why, I have no answers either. But I'm not too worried about it.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

BaByMaMa27
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:16 AM

WOW!!!! Really?

Quoting sparklebug86:

Im almost 14 weeks and i felt kicks in spot 2 this morning....

BaByMaMa27
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Yeah, like, I'm not worried but just kinda "puzzled" i guess? lol. My doc likes to shoot down everything I say, so If I told her this, she'd just look at me like I'm an idiot. :/

Quoting amy31308:

I was going to post the same thing last night! All my books and information says that my uterus is like an inch or two below my belly button... but I've been feeling her kick wher your number two is and even like an inch higher! I'm not measuring ahead either. But I know it's her. I know what kicks and movements feel like AND I saw her kick there. I have no idea why, I have no answers either. But I'm not too worried about it.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I know.. last pregnancy I told my doctor I had already felt my son move/kick at 14 weeks.. and he told me it was just  gas.. I wouldn't feel it til 18-20 weeks. And I argued with him and told him no... it's really him. And finally after feeling stupid I just shut up. So at my last appointment he told me the same thing.. you should start feeling the baby move around 18-20 weeks.. and I just smiled inside thinking too bad I already have, again. Sure enough I had felt her move at 14 weeks too! I love my doctor.. he's great.. but sometimes it's irritating because he's never been pregnant so he really doesn't know that you CAN feel it that early.

Quoting BaByMaMa27:

Yeah, like, I'm not worried but just kinda "puzzled" i guess? lol. My doc likes to shoot down everything I say, so If I told her this, she'd just look at me like I'm an idiot. :/

Quoting amy31308:

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN