Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Restless Leg Syndrome!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 8:11 AM
  • 2 Replies
Does anybody have any advice on what to do about Restless Leg Syndrome? Almost every night I can't fall asleep because my legs are jumpy and they hurt. I had it really bad with my first son but I've got to get more sleep this time since I have to get up with him at 7 in the morning. Please help!
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 9:32 AM
I deal with that!  It is really hard to get the rest you need.  The biggest things I have found to help are to drink plenty of water; stay away from caffeine, sugar, chocolate... that kind of stuff.  Take some extra calcium too... I like the viactiv because it is chewy, almost like a treat, so it is easy to remember to take.  Also eat plenty of bananas.  It doens't take it away all together, but it will help!  I hope you get some rest soon!  Oh one more thing, stretching seems to help too!
mom2wy
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 11:08 AM
I don't have rls but know people that do.  This is probably goin to sound weird but I have heard alot of people that say it works.  You take a bar of unscented soap opened and put it at the foot of your bed under your sheets.  They don't know why but for some reason it works.  It might sound funny but you are preg. and I am sure don't want to take meds for it so if it works it can't hurt.  Hope it works.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN