Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy seasons..

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM
  • 15 Replies

This is my first pregnancy where I'm pregnant all winter...My other 2 i got pregnant the beginning of the year , And i was pregnant warm months. I'm finding that this cold weather is making my pregnancy 10x worse...It is really taking a toll on everything...What season was the hardest for you?? Is winter making your pregnancy harder???

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Summer was hardest for me~    I felt sooooo heavy and tired!
I delivered in August of a record-setting heat wave.   We lived in an upstairs apartment with no A/C.     All those stairs!  lol

Winter/cool weather was nicer because I can always add more layers if I wanted!   (Even with my illnesses through most of the third trimester!)

doulala

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM

i am absolutely loveing being pregnant in the winter.I get really really hot when pregnant, so with my son, he was born oct 20, 2006, I was misreable!! we lived in San Antonio texas, and it was SOOO incredibly uncomfortable. We planned this baby so i didnt have to go through that again. I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I thought this was the perfect time.

kltaylor07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

my son was born in july and this one will be born in august... so i'm getting 2 summer babies.  without having experienced winter, i'd have to say i really loved summer!  i didn't have to buy one thine maternity because i can wear leggings with summer dresses, comfy skirts or shorts, and not have to deal with tight jeans!  i was always comfortable with my son.  the only thing i didn't like was not hanging around by the pool because i was a senior in college and there was NO way i was hanging around the pool with my big ol belly with my skinny tinny girlfriends!  ha.  THIS time, i'll have no problem  =) 

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

My daughters birthday is march 10th, and with this one Im due feb 24th. So I have ONLY been pregnant in the winter, which makes me sad. lol. I really wanted to be all big in the summer, so I could wear dresses and tank tops. This is my last baby so I wont get to have a summer baby.

begamom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM

This baby is due in June. My other 2 are May, and July....so I'm always pregnant at the same time! LOL! The only bad thing about being pregnant in the winter is the inevitable cold I get. UGH!

Summertime isn't so bad, I live in Houston and am from the San Antonio area, so it does get pretty hot and humid, but we have A/C!

jennparker252
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM

i had my daughter mid august in 02..and i am due with this little one tomorrow:) honestly i found benifits to both seasons..i live at the beach so at least with my daughter i could swim and find comfort in water..and with this pregnancy, at least i am not sweaty and super hot all the time...i think they all have some kind of benifits:)

How`s my pregnancy doing?
LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM

With my first I got pregnant in August, and heat in Oklahoma through august sucks no matter if your pregnant or not, but winter was ok for me then and I had my daughter in May so I didn't have to suffer through too much heat, just Tornado season.
With this one I got pregnant in July and Winter has been killing me as soon as the temperature dropped below 50 every bone in my body hurt it just makes everything seem worse. Im due in March with this one so hopefully it won't be too bad.

pregnancy calendar
dannierae
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

with dd I carried all through the summer and I was miserable! The house i lived in did not have a/c so i put a window one in my room. I kept that thing as cold as it could get and I still woke up covered in sweat!

MJWard
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Last pregnancy I was due in the summer this time winter/tomorrow :O). I would have to say I was a LOT more uncomfortable in the summer esp after having my baby via c section. I think winter is a nice change :O)

treadmillBiggest Loser contest! Shed some lbs and win a prize Join us! Togeather we can make a change!  The Fit Mama Club

MJWard
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Quoting doulala:

Summer was hardest for me~    I felt sooooo heavy and tired!
I delivered in August of a record-setting heat wave.   We lived in an upstairs apartment with no A/C.     All those stairs!  lol

Winter/cool weather was nicer because I can always add more layers if I wanted!   (Even with my illnesses through most of the third trimester!)

UGH!!! That sounded like LOADS OF FUN!

treadmillBiggest Loser contest! Shed some lbs and win a prize Join us! Togeather we can make a change!  The Fit Mama Club

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)