Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas? OT

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi ladies, i am struggling for some dinner ideas this week. Would anyone like to share with me some of your best dinner ideas? My husband doesnt like anything with cream soup in it, or with "wierd" stuff, as he would call it lol.He also doesnt like rice. he is extremely picky and i am soooo sick of speghetti ,hotdogs, hamburger helper and tacos lol. That seems to be all we ever eat. (so healthy i know lol) Any ideas would be so great! Thanks a bunch.

My list so far:

ziti, olive garden fagoli, crodon blu, banked chic and potato, roast, french dips (from left over roast), chicken ceaser salad..

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Does he like chicken or roast? I have a super easy crock pot recipe for roast and an italian baked chicken recipe. They're both super easy.

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I have roast on my shopping list, but would love the italian chicken recipe! thanks!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM

ive made some chicken and rice dishes which were pretty good.  and it is basically, cheese, thyme, butter, salt, rice and chicken...they were pretty good.

or, have you tried lasasgna?  kind of mix up the spaghetti theme going on.

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Quoting meam4444:

ive made some chicken and rice dishes which were pretty good.  and it is basically, cheese, thyme, butter, salt, rice and chicken...they were pretty good.

or, have you tried lasasgna?  kind of mix up the spaghetti theme going on.

he actually wont eat rice, i just added that to my original post lol and i have baked ziti on my list which is close to lasasgna.. he does like that though. Thank you for the suggestion.

hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I just saw this-- so sorry it took me a while to respond.

Italian Baked Chicken:

Ingredients:

1/3 cup parmesan cheese

1/3 cup bread crumbs

1 egg

extra virgin olive oil

eggs

salt and pepper

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts

2 cans Italian diced tomatoes

can of mushrooms (optional)

Italian seasoning (optional)

pasta

Preheat oven to 350. Mix parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl. Set aside. Beat egg in a separate bowl. Dip chicken in egg and coat in cheese/bread crumb mixture. In a pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Brown chicken (about 3-5 minutes on each side) and place in a casserole dish.In a pot, heat Italian diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and seasonings (Italian, salt, pepper, etc). Flavor to taste. (I always add a little bit of sugar and fresh garlic) Pour tomatoes over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve over pasta.

Marissa0919
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM

How about mexican food? We make tacos, fajitas, and this taco bake thing I make a lot....Or sloppy joes?  Pulled pork?  My husband also loves this stuffed chicken recipe I make. 

kbaby1624
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM

how about roast beef sandwhiches??? we buy this container of stuff...the brand is "papa charlies" i believe & then u buy dinner rolls & basically all u do is cook the roast beef & sauce..put some beef on a roll then dip the whole thing in the sauce...SSSOOOO YUMMY LOL...(that stuff is kinda pricey tho so i don get it as often as id like lol)

Gender Prediction

Get your own gender prediction!

mommy2xp
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM

here's my list for the next while, if you want recipes let me know

bbq meatballs
stroganoff
deer roast
tator tot casserole
spaghetti
steak
enchilida casserole
breakfast pizza
quiche
chicken casserole
homemade turkey pot pie
deer steak fingers
fish
pizza
chilli
biscuits and gravy

i'm working on going through the cookbooks i have and getting some new recipes from there, to mix it up a lil bit so we're not having the same things over and over all the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)