Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

all stressed out have a lot goiNG ON NEED A FRIEND.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

i dont usually tell people my whole life story but i will sum it up and hopefully some people can compare to my story and we can become friends:)

my name is Alyson. im a 24 year old single mother of one daughter her name is raina she is 4 she lives with my grandparents right now.. i am in the process of a divorce... legally seperated its been about a year now! my ex husband was abusive mentally emotionally and physically he choked me punched me and even cheaed on me so on and so forth... i finally left his ass after 5 years and when i did he took our child to my grandparents house because i became homeless lost my job my car and i could not afford my aprtment i should have done everything i could of to not have my daughter be livign with someone else my mistake but i did and she lives a hour and a half away i can see her whenever i want but it been very hard and hectic! she comes up to see me as much as possible and yes they have temp custody of her.. i will get her back soon im hoping,. i did this for her safety and so she was well taken care of and not dragged around with me not having a place to livce... things got very depressing with me i binged on alcohol for about two weeks after all that i drank every night until i passed out at someones house then i finally realized i was getting no where... so i started seeing this amazing guy whom i love to death its been since march and we just bonded i got a diff job and moved in with him finally im now 33 weeks pregnant and were having out first kid feb 20th this year!  he is 4 years younger then me which makes everythign a challenge and has no idea how to raise a newborn ..... he has been stallign on me and being very lazy about things at home.. were in the process of findign a apartment that is bigger and i have all these appts and  my baby shower is coming up and just there is a bunch of stuff i need to be doing this pregnancy has not been the greatest i have every sympton in the book and im having a boy and its been a very scary and nerve wreckign year of my life im very depressed and down and i guess im just lookign for some advice! some new friends and im hoping this year is my new beginning for a successful year!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Well I am having my first so I cant really give you advice on that side and Im 20. I hope everything gets better for you!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM

That is so sad that you grandparents wouldn't let you move in for awhile with your daughter.  I am 3 years older than my husband and we met when I was only 22.  It was tough at first but he has turned into a great dad, husband and man.  That was 12 yrs ago.  My first marriage was also abusive but only lasted 1 year.  I immediately got on welfare and they went after him for child support.  With that and food stamps I was able to take care of me and my daughter and put my life back together.  Try not to get depressed.  I know it is hard but things will get better as long as you believe they will.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

huggingHere is a big hug for you!

Sounds like things will only get better!    You've been down and see that life can be better, especially for Raina and her brother.   You are inspired~   that is really important!!  

Some thoughts are to take things one step at a time, and do your best to follow through-- finish.   Having too many things hanging in the air causes anxiety.   You don't need any more.   !  
Remember to keep breathing deeply, everyday, breathe in air.   Sounds obvious, but truly, it does help!

I am glad you're here to get some encouragement and support.    Best wishes with the new place and the new baby!!   :-)

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM

If you have a steady place to live now, why is your daughter not living with you? It sounds to me like you are doing pretty well, aside from being pretty stressed. Maybe being around your other daughter more would help your boyfriend get used to a child a lot more. Not really a newborn, but would get used to all the work that goes into a child. You also need to let your Boyfriend know he needs to understand how much resposibility is comming. Often a 20yo male does not understand what is to come from a child, my hubby didn't get it until he was 23 (we were together once before when he was just truning 22 and he didn't get that he needed to be a father and a boyfriend if he wanted to be with me).

Stick Figure Family at 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I am in a totally different boat but have been feeling down too. If you ever need to talk that would be great! 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

if you ever need to talk i am here i will amanda and im 22 with 2 girls and there 3 yrs old and 10 months and i have a wounderful i said if you need someone as a friend i am here 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)