Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Sadest Day

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

Well i went to the ER last night because of a lot of health issues showing up and i found out some very sad news. I was at the ER from 7pm to 2am to find out that i have a cyst on my ovaries and that my baby may not be alive. The doctor told me i have a 50% chance that my baby is still alive in there. He also told me that it may be that they just told me i was not as far as they thought. I just dont know about what the cyst will do to my baby.

Do i have to get it removed? How long do me and my fiance have to wait to try again?

~Pea-in-a-pod~

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayla516
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:00 PM

When I went for my first u/s to determine the due date they found 3 cysts. I was also told the same thing. Well I am now 35 weeks and the cysts went away on their own. Don't give up any hope, you and your baby may be just fine!

thangelbabybug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

my doctor told me that its normal for cysts to be present in the 1st trimester but they normally resolve themselves in the 2nd trimester. i had 2 or 3 cysts when i was pregnant with my daughter and everything went just fine.

Dana31
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I have had cysts on my ovaries before. I thought I had one during this pregnancy. I asked my dr what would happen if I did and she said women get cysts and go on to have healthy babies. I have a friend who had a cyst and it ruptured and her and baby were fine. It turned out that I didnt have a cyst. Did you see an Ob or just the er dr? I would get a hold of your ob tomorrow and see what they say and try not to worry for now.

Can't wait to meet our baby boy Hunter Johnpregnancy
Brealyn90
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM

thank you all for your support...i dont know what i would do without you ladies to help me with my questions. I only have seen the ER doctor and plan to call my OB on monday but i might have to wait till my prenatal appointment on the 27th but my finace is helping me keep my stress levels down

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I have cysts... and a few have busted (during the sex anyways...) but as far as pregnancy goes, I havent had a problem. ... I know I had one when I got prego wth my son b/c a few months earlier it busted and they had to repair it... but it could have shrunk also.... I don't know for sure if they are still there, but the dr. hasn't commented either way. Sorry I'm not much help, I hope everything goes ok.

Sn2BMoMof2BayBs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM

While I really can't give you any medical advice because I cannot speak about something I do not know, I can tell you that I actually have two cysts on my ovaries.  They saw them when I was 6 weeks along when I was seen in the ER with horrible abdominal pain.  They told me that the babies would be okay, but that I would be in pain and that basically I would just have to deal with it.  They said to return back if I were to get any kind of excruciating sudden pain because it could mean the cyst(s) were so large they were causing the ovary to twist which would require emergency surgery. They also told me that a pregnant woman had been in there for just that a few days prior for that very reason and she HAD the surgery, they successfully removed the cyst while still keeping the pregnancy in tact.  I am now 16 weeks along pregnant with twins.  The cysts are still there, and still painful, but my babies are very much alive.  I get to feel them doing sommersaults inside me everyday, and see them trying to beat each other up on the ultrasound and hear their strong and tiny little heartbeats.  So don't get yourself down sweetie.  Think positive, believe that your baby is alive and will be okay.  And I would definitely get a second opinion on the subject and discuss repeating your ultrasound with your OB for more conclusive findings.  Find out how big the cyst is, if it looks like it is large enough to cause the ovary to twist, and if they have any experience at your hospital with removing ovarian cysts in pregnant women without harming the baby.  Maybe even do some research on google.  How far along are you?  Did you know that there is a normal cyst that occurs in fertilization?  It is called the  corpus luteum, and initially it enlarges and then gradually decreases in size during pregnancy.  Some women don't even notice it, while some women experience pain from it.  They told me at my hospital that because I am a pretty small girl (125lbs before pregnancy) that it is highly likely that I would feel the corpus luteum cyst and feel pain from it.  If there are any more questions I can try to answer for you please do ask, and in the meantime, google "ovarian cysts during pregnancy"  You may be able to sift through the information and actually find something useful.  Good luck girl, keep your head up, my thoughts are with you. 

~Meghan

JaimieLynn8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM

How far along are you? They couldn't do an ultrasound to detect a heartbeat?? That's pretty devastating news, you think they could have done something more than just send you home!

When I was pregnant with my son I didn't experience any cysts, but I've had them in the past and they usually just dissolved or whatever they do and I was told that that's usually what happens with them and that rarely they need to be surgically removed.. Can't provide much more info than that but I pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby! Good luck to you!!

Lilypie

Silvia1011
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I have ovarian cysts when I'm not on bcp, and they did cause me pain and ruptured or dissolved on their own.  I'm not sure if I have them with this pregnancy, but I wouldn't doubt it.  I go in on Thursday for my first OB appt.  Anyway, I've never needed surgery on my cysts since they dissolve on their own.  How far along are you?  I hope everything will be ok with the pregnancy :)  When are you going to see your OB?

pregnancy

jilligan1997
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM

With my last pregnancy my son was given a 50% chance of making it as well, scared me to death, but he is now a happy, healthy 3 year old. Have faith, there's still a chance! good luck!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
cartersmommy407
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I would call your OB in the AM. Half the time ER doc. don't know what they are talking about. I went to the ER at 5 weeks and the they told me the same thing. I had a U/S at my OB office and they did not even see anything but a sac and pole. I will be 20 weeks on Tuesday.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)