Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implantation Bleeding...?? (UPDATED!)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey mamas!

I was debating whether or not to post this in here or TTC, but I figured if I posted in here I may get more feedback since most of you are preggers.

I have an 11 month old son, and my husband and I thought that my son's first birthday, at least, would be a good time for us to wait 'til to get pregnant.

My period started on either 12/5 or 12/6, and last Saturday night, the 26th, I started experiencing spotting that only lasted about 24-36 hours...by the time I woke up Monday morning it was done, and it was never enough to even worry about wearing a tampon, I just kept a panty-liner on and that was enough. I thought maybe my body and my period were outta whack, maybe from Christmas stress and work, so I just sorta shrugged it off. Then I remembered reading about implantation bleeding when I was pregnant with my son (I didn't experience it with him).

I refreshed my memory and did some research, and what I seemed to have gotten from it was that it obviously does not happen to all women, but it typically occurs about a week to a week and half before your period, you only bleed for a 1-2 days, and it's very light, usually brown/pinkish....which is exactly what happened to me.

My period is usually every 30-31 days, so it should be here by Tuesday. I want to take a test since technically I might be able to get a positive....But I'm nervous!
Don't get me wrong I would be SO excited and thankful if I was pregnant, but still :)

What do you ladies think? I would love to hear from you if you've had implantation bleeding, or what you THOUGHT was implantation bleeding, and what the outcome was.
During my last/only pregnancy, I was blessed and experienced absolutely no symptoms in the beginning so I honestly couldn't tell you if I felt pregnant b/c there's not much for me to compare to. In a way I have a feeling but I'm just not sure....I'm afraid of getting my hopes up

And, with my son, we had sex 24/7 lol before we got pregnant with him, and after my period was over we only had sex I think 2 or 3 times until I put two and two together.

Thank you for reading and please help me and give me some insight!!! :D

So, I took a test yesterday but it was negative.... :(  Although it's still a bit early, b/c I'm not exactly late. I technically will be today or tomorrow if it doesn't start.

Then, right after that, I took a shower and felt something down there so I wiped, and saw very light pinkish blood so I was really depressed after that; But, I haven't bled almost at ALL since then. Just spotting but barely....the spotting I have now is less than what I thought was the implantation bleeding...And I just pulled out the tampon I had in for a few hours and it was almost spotless except it had the lightest spot of very light pink. I'm confused! Lol it could most certainly be my period but it NEVER starts out this slow, it usually starts pretty heavy. Do you all think there's still a chance for me? I'm feeling a little crampy, cranky, COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED, but not much like PMS or near as crampy as I usually am.

Lmao it's killing me!!

Lilypie

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angg22
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Take a test! Sounds like you COULD be.. and remember bodies are nuts, like me, i know im preg like the sec it happens i swear, my boobs swell, i become hungry and tired, and i pee like nuts. alot of ppl dont experience that til a few weeks or even months in, and for me its instant. so just take a test, relieve ur stress, and maybe get a beautiful outcome! id love to know what the results are, so KIT !!! xoxo

JaimieLynn8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I think I'm gonna have hubby pick up some tests on his way home and see what happens!

If I get any good news I will definitely share. :) I want a girl this time and all the gender predictors tell me I'll have one if I'm pregnant LOL so hopefully I am ;)

How about anyone else??? I'm going nuts!

Lilypie

Silvia1011
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Oooohhhh... definitely take a test :)  It's very possible that you could be pregnant.  That happened with DD... I was due for AF, but it came a little early and I spotted for just a couple days.  A pinkish/ light brown color.  And all I needed was a panty liner... I shrugged it off too and thought it was my period actually.  Totally didn't think I was pregnant, and I never heard of implantation bleeding (this was 6 yrs ago when I was 20).  And of course I found out I was.  Please update on here when you find out the results :)

pregnancy

JaimieLynn8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM

bump...???

Lilypie

averyswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I don't remember spotting with my first or second, but my with my third (14 weeks along currently) I had very light spotting (more red than brownish though) for two days.  Thought I was starting my period but then it never came.  I took a pregnancy test a week later and it was positive!  (I did take a test a day after the spotting and it came back negative, so I would wait a week if I were you...just so not to waste a test.)

Good luck!

Amandalukassen
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I had an IUD in for two years then had it taken out last May (no periods the whole two years).  Well about a day or two I got a full blown period for about a week. Well me and hubby were TTC so the whole month of June nothing happened, no period.  I went to the doctor to see if everything was ok, well it everything was.  Well the first week of July for a couple of days I had a really light period, only had a light day in.  Then it was done, I thought it was my body outta whack from the IUD. But a few weeks later we found out we were expecting.  So that sounds like implantation bleeding to me.  Wish you the best of luck! 

JaimieLynn8
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Okay thank you all so much! That was just what I needed.

I really think I am now! I'll be taking a test tomorrow and will let you all know what happens. I may have to wait another day or two though, but I'm gonna see what I can get tomorrow.

Thank you and if I am send me PINK dust, lol!

Lilypie

stellarluna
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I had Imp bleeding well before I had any symptom of pregnancy.  Actually, you read that IB is typically a week to two weeks after ovulation or before your period is due, but it can actually vary a month after that.  I had two bouts of IB.  One when you'd expect, and one at 5 weeks.  Starting one day with red spotting then lasting about two more days with brown discharge.  I still didn't feel pregnant.  I tested at 9dpo which was two days after implantation (confirmed with temps), and right before the bleeding, so I'd say you should definitely test right now!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

startingover5
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I HAD TAKEN 4 TEST AND ALL WERE POS AND THEN I THOUGHT I WAS MISCARRING BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE IMP WHICH TOOK PLACE AT I BELEIVE IT WAS 5OR6 WEEKS, AND I HAD NO I DEAL WHAT THAT WAS, CAUSE IT NEVER HAPPEND WITH MY FIRST THREE PREGNANCIES..... SO TAKE THE TEST BC EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK...

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
JaimieLynn8
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 11:37 AM

update!

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)