Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant Mother's Parking spot (or whatever it's called :P )

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM
  • 37 Replies

For those that are early in your pregnancy, do you park in that spot?  Or have you for those that are further along?  I'm only about 2 months pregnant and not really showing, and I feel funny about parking there if I'm not showing :P  So I just park wherever and it's not a big deal.  What do you do?

pregnancy

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilleStarr
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Will prob sound silly but with my first two I never  parked there until I was like 30 weeks. Even then it still felt funny. Where I live there isn't  many places that have expecting mothers parking anyways.  

diana1481
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I only parked there when I started to waddle lol. I was huge, I measured 2 inches over my entire pregnancy though.

millermom07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I've only seen a few of these parking spaces, but I haven't used them yet.  I'm almost 20 weeks, but I'm not really big yet (other than starting out overweight) and I'm not uncomfortable walking.  I figure exercise is good for me, so until its too much walking farther, I'll just continue parking in regular spaces... but believe me, if I start getting super big and uncomfortable walking, I'll definitely use them :)

S@R@H

playing soccer girl  girl on a swing  ice cream      

Skyler (11)              Ashley (9)               Dalton (8)           

BaByMaMa27
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I wait until I'm at least 36 weeks + or have a newborn. I think its really wrong to use that space when there may be someone else who REALLY needs it. I can walk an extra few feet [Dont we need the excersise anyways?] LOL

Momma to a 2 year old Princess & expecting our first Prince in June
Mel30248
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Where I am the only places that have those spots are walmart. I have never used one either. My personal opinion is if your not on bed rest (I know bed rest your supposed to be in bed but these women sometimes have to get food too), have another child with you, or having difficulties of any sort then you shouldnt part there. I'm not saying dont by any means this is just how I view it & I was fine to walk some distance during my preg so I never used it.

meghan451
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:36 PM

i dont park in those spots. i feel kind of awkward about it, idk why though. i dont mind walking a little ways to the door. 

CafeMom Tickers
JaimieLynn8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I only parked there once I was big (which for me was actually around 5 -6 months lol).
It did help out, especially since the last 2 months of my pregnancy were in the winter, the less I had to walk in the cold, the better. :)

Lilypie

Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I didn't park there with my first, but since most of them around here are Expecting or with infant parking. I park there now and with my second the entire time. But it does make me mad when even though the handicap parking is right on the other side of lot, like the next isle over, they still take up the MOM parking.

Mommy to Chloe, Wyatt & #3 on its way!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Silvia1011

That's what I figured I would do... wait until I'm really big and it's a bit difficult to walk.  I don't see the point of using it when you're not even showing (unless there's something wrong of course).  And I have seen people park in that spot not looking pregnant at all, and I've even seen men park in the ONLY Pregnant Mom's parking spot at the grocery store which is really messed up.

pregnancy

logansmommy0728

Anytime I go somewhere where they actually have them, they're always taken. It's really frustrating, because I'm 37 weeks pregnant and huge and it really hurts to walk. For example, they have them at the Babies R Us near me, and they'll all be taken (all 7 or so). I'll walk in, and I'll be one of two obviously pregnant women in the store. I really think they should be reserved for those of us who are REALLY pregnant and in pain. I understand morning sickness, but if you have to, you can puke in the parking lot on the way to the bathroom (been there, done that, too). Besides, you'll be big enough to want to use them soon enough! Save them for the huge ones!

Pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN