Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your pregnancy wasnt planned...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM
  • 39 Replies

how long did it take you to actually get excited?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bashful984
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Well since over 50% of pregnancies aren't planned there should be a lot of response to this. My first I had just turned 19 and was terrified. I knew I wanted to keep her and never really had a moment of excitement but from the instant I found out I didn't want to change it for anything. This second one wasn't planned but I was really wanting another one. The moment I found out was a mixture of panic and excitement.

swesolek6
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM

my pregnancy wasnt planned at all, im nineteen. but as soon as i told everyone and started planning and reading about my babys development i started getting excited.

First time mommy due April 6, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

pregnancy week by week

mlakester
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM

My husband and I were told for 5 years that we wouldn't have children because of my PCOS. So it was a biiig surprise. The first day of the positive test, we were just so freaked out, but by day 2 of knowing, we were excited.

So I guess the answer is...it took about 1 day to get excited about our blessing from God. :)

j_jfaulkner
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM

My first pregnancy was planned i was 19 and had a little boy. My secod one was not planned and i had aother lttle boy (the pregnancy came after we fought and made up). My third and current pregnancy was not planned.  We were bot shocked and worried bout the baby. See  the first week of conseption i had and edg and a colonoscopy done. But the baby is fine and i just found out im having  a little girl.

Silvia1011
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

My pregnancy with DD (our only child right now) was not planned, and we definitely did not want me to get pregnant.  We were somewhat newly married and the marriage was a bit rocky... so I was completely shocked and scared when I found out I was pregnant.  It took a few weeks to be really excited about it, but I wasn't moping around or anything in the beginning.  With this pregnancy it was planned, and we were very excited the day I found out!! :)

pregnancy

CheyanneW
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM

This one was not planned.  I was on birth control pills and never missed one nor was I ever late on one.  I didn't miss a period so I had no reason to suspect until we came home from vacation and I was nauseus for 3 days straight.  At first I thought it was just from the air travel because I get motion sick very easy.  Then I figured I should get a test just in case because I hadn't felt like that since I was pregnant.  I was extremely excited as soon as I saw the positive.  I couldn't get to my husbands work fast enough to tell him!

Rachel12342
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM
When I started buying stuff for her. I had her at 16.

CafeMom Tickers

I'm a pro-life, anti CIO, co sleeping, non vaxing(PM me to find out why), 17 yr old Christian mom to Lorelai. I have an almost perfect GPA and hope to attend Duke university. I want to be a pediatrician or pediatric oncologist.
FranksHoney
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

With my first, I was 16. So I was not excited at all, just scared to death. I just KNEW that I was going to give her up for adoption, and then I felt her kick for the first time. That's when I knew I was going to keep her and started to get excited. I got really excited when my family supported my decision.

With this one, I got excited right away. Even though it was not planned, I know what a blessing it is.

mama2my2girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

This pregnancy wasn't planned and I just started getting excited. I am 35 weeks. I wasn't upset before (I was happy)just not EXCITED. Now I want to baby shop and hope this next month goes fast so I can meet the little guy.  

stork toddler boy blowing bubbles    listening to tunes

Baby #4         Thomas James      Alexis Paige       Taylor Nichole
  Due 2/2010     6/23/2008          9/28/2006         4/16/2001

MamaKalila
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

This one was planned, but my first wasn't... I was really scared at first... and that didn't go away for awhile, esp with outside stuff going on. But... I started getting excited pretty quickly too because I have always wanted kids... but my emotions jumped around drastically for awhile... esp in the first two weeks. After that I ended up in the hospital and nearly lost her (and myself) and felt horrible about not being 100% excited. I understand why I wasn't, esp as time passes but it did make it hard to deal with what was going on...

On the other hand, like I said this one was planned... started out very excited and circumstances changed financially.. between that and family reactions my excitement has dimmed a few times. Once again I feel bad about it, but... thats life right? I'm still happy we are pg and can't wait to meet him... I know things are gonna work out, they already are.

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobuckethttp://www.youravon.com/kmery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)