Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who nested in labor?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM
  • 18 Replies

For many women, scurrying about, staying busy, and distracted is a part of the early stages of labor.

Did you nest in labor?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalykaisMomma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM

oh yes! it was in the middle of winter and i was just "ready" and wanted to go into labor so i went to Wal-Mart to walk some laps to try and get things started. after that we went home and i started deep cleaning. i was actually cleaning out my walk-in closet when my water started leaking...i yelled for DH and said i peed my pants...well, 4hrs 45mins later my son was born!

pregnancy

AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM

No not really nesting, but I def fit the bill of scurrying about! I was in constant movement pretty much all day long, except the times I'd slow down and take a relaxing bath. I made my poor hubby walk all over the place with me! I pretty much walked that baby out! lol!

doulala
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I found comfort in cleaning the kitchen...    lol!    That was my place to stay busy, tidy, snack, stand, change positions...     

doulala

CheyanneW
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I pulled up the linoleum in the kitchen and dining room!  Then hubby had to finish it.  He is soooo happy that I will be working full time this time right up until the baby pops out. LOL!

married-in-06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

what is nested 

~JESSICA -LOVING WIFE TO JOEL & MOMMY TO 1 WILD LIL GIRL~1 SWEET LIL BOY~& 5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN~

Lilypie Maternity tickers
KrystalY
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Somehow I missed that stage completely.  My DH wishes I hadn't, our house could use some deep cleaning and it is only getting worse since my LO came.  The more pregnant I got the more tired I got and the less I did.  Of course, my water broke 16 days early and I had to be induced so maybe if I had gone full term it would have eventually hit. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
abstractmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Me...and I was on bed rest but you couldn't keep me in bed! That's how I ended up a Cafemom addict because I needed to keep busy doing something and I was tired of books and TV.

I decorated and cleaned every day.

larissanaeem
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Well we will see but i think thats what im doing i lost my mucus plug yesterday and i had contractions for a while then they stopped. so im disappointed so i walked yesterday alot ..and then my husband came home at 10 or 11 pm and i ate dinner and walked for a while . Then i got up this morning crying i dont know why lol and went to the bathroom and i think im still loosing more of something i dont know its discusting and i started cleaning the kitchen , vacumming , i cleaned the bathroom. Now im going to go through my 3 yr olds toys and trash the old ones. lol. I plan on going through some boxes that are packed up and then taking a shower getting dressed and then when my husband comes home i will start my walking .

Mommyto2LilMen
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I did when i wentinto labor with my youngest!!

~~~Tina~~~Proud Mommy of 2 Great Lil Men

KokoJones
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM

with dd1 no... i was curled up at home in pain... with dd2 yes, a bit... i cleaned my car, reorganized all of my stuff and babies stuff in the back seat (we had a two hour commute from our house to our hospital) and once i was in the hospital found it hard to not do anything but wait for my hubs to get there (he was meeting me from his base which was much closer to the hospital but he had paperwork and stuff to take care of)

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)