Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need your vote or two cents please!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: which name do you like better?

Options:

john glenn ziegler 3rd (hubby's name)

Leo John Ziegler ( mixture of grandfather and hubby's names)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

okay so hubby and i are having a baby boy and the name is the biggest issue. My hubby is a jr so he wanted his son to be a third and i basically said no way in hell. His grandfather is dying of cancer right now and i told him that we can give our son his grandfathers name as his first name and my hubby's first name as his middle name. I want your opinion on which name you would do.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Why did you say NO to him being a 3rd, if you don't mind me asking?

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM

i like when people do jr's but i'm not a big fan of going past jr.

Quoting orange4agua72:

Why did you say NO to him being a 3rd, if you don't mind me asking?

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I like Leo its very cute and unique I have never heard a leo in my life! And I love unique names

AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Well you already know how I feel since I'm in your edd group, lol, but what'd hubs say about your new suggestion?

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM

he actually likes it and is getting more and more used to it everyday. lol and i also bribed him!! I said if he works with me on the name then i'll get him 1 thing he really wants.

Quoting AddyLeigh:

Well you already know how I feel since I'm in your edd group, lol, but what'd hubs say about your new suggestion?

CafeMom Tickers

luvbeingmama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM

how about john for the first name and leo for the middle....its a good compromise. or hubbys middle name as a first name and gpas first name as the middle

AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM

YAY! Go for it then! Esp since it'd mean you won't have to fight the whole "the 3rd" fight! Plus it'll mean a lot more to you guys! And you might wanna put some sort of cap on the bribe prize, lol!

Quoting mommyziegler:

he actually likes it and is getting more and more used to it everyday. lol and i also bribed him!! I said if he works with me on the name then i'll get him 1 thing he really wants. 

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM

lol i did i said it has to be under 700.00 dollars.

Quoting AddyLeigh:

YAY! Go for it then! Esp since it'd mean you won't have to fight the whole "the 3rd" fight! Plus it'll mean a lot more to you guys! And you might wanna put some sort of cap on the bribe prize, lol!

Quoting mommyziegler:

CafeMom Tickers

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

i like it but my main thing is i just don't want john as the first name...it's just way to many john's imo and i am not one for common names..I love unique names so leo is perfect

Quoting luvbeingmama:

how about john for the first name and leo for the middle....its a good compromise. or hubbys middle name as a first name and gpas first name as the middle

CafeMom Tickers

AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM

btw, as an answer as to my opinion of the names, I'd like Leo Glenn better, just b/c I think it flows better with all the names involved and sounds better when yelled together, lol, but that's just me : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)