Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cervical mucus and almost 38 weeks

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 1 Replies

My cervical mucus has been really thin after me and my husband started having sex again and i have to wear a mini pad becasue of it. 2 weeks ago i was dialated to 1 not sure now what it is i had an ultrasound wednesday and the baby is head down and ready, the tech said about 2 weeks i should be ready he is about 6lbs 6oz. I dont want a big baby my son was 7lbs 1oz and i was induced 10 days early with him. I'm just curious as to what may be going on am i getting ready to go? I never went into labor on my own and i am kinda scared.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM

It is very hard to say, but here are some of the signs of labor for you:

True labor:

Contractions are regular and follow a predictable pattern (such as every eight minutes)... contractions can be in your back as well as your stomach, they can be painful or they can be just a tightening sensation
You experience three types of progression: Contractions become a) progressively closer, b) progressively longer, and c) progressively stronger.
Each contraction is felt starting in the low back and then radiating around to the front, low in the groin.
A change in activity or position will not slow down or stop contractions.
Membranes may rupture.
Your doctor or midwife will notice cervical changes, such as ripening (softening), effacement (thinning), or dilation.

False labor:

Contractions are irregular and unpredictable, occurring, for example, in intervals of ten minutes, then six minutes, two minutes, eight minutes, etc.
No progression is seen over time.     
A change in activity or position may cause contractions to slow down or stop.
There may be bloody show.
There is usually no bloody show.
Membranes will not rupture.
No cervical changes occur

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)