Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second appointment with the doc tomorrow...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

The last appointment, his nurse gave me a urine cup and told me to bring FMU to this appointment.  My appointment isn't until 10:50 and I usually wake up around 6 to pee.  I can't remember if she said I am supposed to refrigerate it or not until the appointment.  Does anyone know?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvbeingmama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM

yes u should

Juliekat23
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Im honestly not sure-I pee in my cup at the doctors office. :/

I remember 17 years ago when my mom was pregnant with my sister she always put it in the fridge after she peed. 

Here's a bump, good luck.

CafeMom Tickers

pookie_1228
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Yeah you put it in the fridge until you leave.

heather4387
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

ewwww i was just thinking about storing pee in my fridge abd it kinda grossed me out.  kinda glad my dr has me pee there.  why do they want you to pee at home whats different between the fmu and peeing there if you have bacteria or whatever they test for wouldnt it be the same if you just peed later.  im just curious as to why drs do this 

MelzyD
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Thanks ladies!  I am not sure why they prefer FMU, but I am not the one who became a doctor either, lol.  

Wright68
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Yup.... sadly, you refridgerate it lol

CafeMom Tickers

pregnant

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Yep, in the fridge it goes! You think that's gross- I have had to get stool samples from my son several times and THAT goes in the fridge too!! That is what grosses me out! I triple bag that stuff! lol...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
Kristina09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:04 PM

You dont have to pee in the cup right when you wake up. You can wait till right before you leave. or even just do it at the doc office.. I always do mine at the doc office. its way easier. And dont have to worry about anything spilling.

heather4387
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:04 PM

the things we do when it comes to kids lol.

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Yep, in the fridge it goes! You think that's gross- I have had to get stool samples from my son several times and THAT goes in the fridge too!! That is what grosses me out! I triple bag that stuff! lol...

MelzyD
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I would like to go with that....but they requested FMU.   Thanks again ladies.  I have my little cup sitting on the back of the toilet with a ziplock bag and a brown paper sac, lol.  I am ready!  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)