Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you did this during pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ladies. I am posting this because im 6 months pregnant and have a craveing today for wine. Now some doctors say its fine to have a glass every now and then and some say no. I don't smoke at all and don't drink during pregnancy. i have two other kids but never a craveing like this. See i just had a baby in feb. and i have a 3 year old now 6 months pregnant is probably why i want a glass of wine lol.  But what ladies have had a glass while pregnant ?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Get some sparkling grape juice.... it works the same.... hehehe! Oh, and the other day I bought some "izzies" carbonated pomagranate juice and it tastes EXACTLY like wine!!!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

kim208
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM

When i was pregger with my son all I wanted was a Martini but resisted of course. I have not had any craving for alcohol this time. I would have to say not to drink any. You only have a few more months and then you can have some..if you are still craving it. Drink some sparkling cider or grape juice instead.

Army_Wife41
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I gree to try and satisfy the craving by way of sparkling grape juice or something first.

If that is not doing it for you, maybe have a small glass. I have never actually done it, but one glass won't kill you or your baby.

Definitely do not make a habit out of it though lol.

baby

CafeMom Tickers

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM

when i was pregnant with my dd is had wine all the time during my pregnancy and my doctors said it was fine in moderation. This pregnancy i so far have only had a few glasses of wine and when i say glasses i mean 1/2 a glass if not less and i only do red wine

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:07 PM

i forgot to add if you are not comfortable drinking wine while pregnant but something call FRE it is alcohol removed wine.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM

As long as your definition of "glass" is a bit smaller than usual non pregnant. My MW even suggests like a 4 oz glass to relax, not like all the time, but ya know. As long as it's done in serious moderation, I'd say you're fine.

deirdrerenee
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I have been craving wine also and funny I dont even like wine.  I thiink you should just stay away from it all together.  Drink some sparkling grape

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)