Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ive been having contractions, should I call or wait?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM
  • 19 Replies

It felt like cramps at first very low in my pelvis and felt like period cramps, than started being my whole stomach. They dont hurt, but are uncomfortable. Im pretty sure Im hydrated, I always drink water. Ive been relaxing all day,  nothing stressful.

They came at 3, 8, 2, 5, 4 and 6 minutes apart.

Im almost 33 weeks along.

Should I wait a while or call my doctor?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsTWalsh
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Call on phone

kim208
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Do they stop when you walk around or change postion?

gacgbaker
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM

At 33 weeks, I would call.  It's better to be safe rather then sorry... hope all is well, and please let us know how you are!

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Im laying in a recliner, I havent gotten up. Ill get up and walk around and get back to you on that one.

here is whats gone on so far....

Quoting kim208:

Do they stop when you walk around or change postion?

kim208
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

If they stop, they might be braxton hixon but I would call if they don't stop soon.

Yuriko_chan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I would think that since they're not like clockwork, exaact minutes apart, that they are just bh contractions. I had those with my daughter up until the day I actually went into labor. But if they do get to be about 4 or 5 minutes apart every single time, that's when I would call. Good luck momma!!

Dara0820
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:29 PM

This is my first pregnancy, but from what i've learned from others so far is that if you get up and walk around and they stop then it's just Braxton Hicks....but if you walk arund and they don't stop..I'd DEF call the Dr, because they aren't more than 10 mins apart.....Good luck, and update ASAP!!!

pregnancy

Dara

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I have had 10 contractions in 48 minutes. Im going to give it until 5:00 if they dont stop Ill call the doctor.

jakesgal88
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM

To be honest I would call your doctor now. My doctor told me that if I had more than four in an hour to call. It's better to be safe. Doctors are on call for a reason and you pay them. If its just a false alarm atleast you can be at ease.

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Ive had another contraction.

I called the on call number and Im waiting on the doctor to call me back. Its the same dr. that delevered my DD, and he has the WORST bedside manners Ive ever seem. :(

Ill keep an update on here.

Quoting jakesgal88:

To be honest I would call your doctor now. My doctor told me that if I had more than four in an hour to call. It's better to be safe. Doctors are on call for a reason and you pay them. If its just a false alarm atleast you can be at ease.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)