Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Long?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

How long did it take you to find some baby names you liked?  How did you find them?  Do you have a good baby name book or web site to share?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2my2girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM

LOL touchy subject for me.  I'm 34 weeks and we have yet to pick out a name. I've been so stressing about it. We can't agree on anything and nothing really seems right to me. I sure do hope we come up with one soon. 

stork toddler boy blowing bubbles    listening to tunes

Baby #4         Thomas James      Alexis Paige       Taylor Nichole
  Due 2/2010     6/23/2008          9/28/2006         4/16/2001

SamanthaRae_bby
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM

i was 34 weeks when we finally decided on a name. actually its a funny story. SO and I had bought a baby name book and were looking through it. We started writing down the ones we liked, going through and we finally narrowed it down to the 3 we REALLY liked. We put those three names into a hat and drew one name out of a hat and we just so happened to draw Makayla. she has my middle name so we didnt have to worry about that.

i like the bumps baby name database.
www.thebump.com

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Quoting mama2my2girls:

LOL touchy subject for me.  I'm 34 weeks and we have yet to pick out a name. I've been so stressing about it. We can't agree on anything and nothing really seems right to me. I sure do hope we come up with one soon. 

I am sure you will find something, I don't blame you for stressing though!  That is what I worry about when we have #4 (which isn't yet, but in the plans)... that we won't be able to find a name!  We named 3, by 4 what if we run out of ideas!  :)

Good luck to you on the name search.

gacgbaker
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Quoting SamanthaRae_bby:

i was 34 weeks when we finally decided on a name. actually its a funny story. SO and I had bought a baby name book and were looking through it. We started writing down the ones we liked, going through and we finally narrowed it down to the 3 we REALLY liked. We put those three names into a hat and drew one name out of a hat and we just so happened to draw Makayla. she has my middle name so we didnt have to worry about that.

i like the bumps baby name database.
www.thebump.com

Good idea!  With our first, we did something similar.  My husband picked one name for every letter of the alphabet and I had to pick from that list. 

nini0315
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Picking a name was so easy for us. We already knew the first name we wanted to use and finding the middle was so quick. However we did buy a baby name book. We bought 100,00+baby names. We actually have the name picked out for another boy and a girl already. Good luck in finding the name you fall in love with.

CafeMom Tickers
mama2my2girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting mama2my2girls:

I am sure you will find something, I don't blame you for stressing though!  That is what I worry about when we have #4 (which isn't yet, but in the plans)... that we won't be able to find a name!  We named 3, by 4 what if we run out of ideas!  :)

Good luck to you on the name search.

If this one were a girl we would have had a name a long time ago. We didn't have problems with our first son because we'd always known we wanted him named after hubby's dad (he passed away when hubby we 11).  The 2 girls were easy also.

Thanks. We need lots of luck at this point. I feel as if I'm going to be coming home with a no name baby.

stork toddler boy blowing bubbles    listening to tunes

Baby #4         Thomas James      Alexis Paige       Taylor Nichole
  Due 2/2010     6/23/2008          9/28/2006         4/16/2001

Sekzymexi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Sadly we didnt decide on a name for our daughter till she was already a day old..It was so hard!! We had narrowed it down to two names but couldnt settle on one. I looked up names on the internet and had a couple baby name book..the name we eventually picked came from one of those books. Good luck!

kltaylor07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM

my son is named after my maiden name.  i don't know where to start with this one!

CheyanneW
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM

For a boy it will be JonMichael Florentino.  For a girl ????  no idea.  She may not have a name. LOL!!!!

heavensdaughter
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM

We have used all family names and have had our names picked out before we concieved.

Clara Lucille  (my grandmother's sister & and DH's great grandmother)

James Lee (dh's deceased brother and dh's middle name) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)