Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you drink water ?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you drink enough every day?  
How do you know it's "enough"?   Do you measure and keep notes?

Do you drink it straight or add something to it?   
Or drink fizzy water?

Or do you drink something else like juice or soda to get your hydration?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM

i am terrible about drinking. I have always just been a "drink with food" type of girl so trying to drink enough water is hard for me. I did pretty good up until school got out. I had a 900ml reusable water bottle with a straw (straws are key for me) so I'd keep that filled up and drink several throughout the day. Now that I'm home it is so hard to remember to drink!! I end up trying to make up for it when I remember in the evenings and then I have to get up all night to pee, which I can't stand! I like my water cold and plain! No flavors and no fizz.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
MommyRJ
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM

i wish i could drink more water!!! 

i love drinking water with crushed ice, but i dont have my same fridge anymore, when i was pregnant with my son i drank 3 giant glasses of water everyday. at least.

now im struggling. but i drink alot of fruit juice. 

Randee..
Lover to Brandon..
Mommy to Bryley Scott 10.27.08
impatiently awaiting 'Levi' or 'Kamrynn' Summer 2010
[[...Thinking Pink...]]

Yuriko_chan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Water is best always. If you drink iced tea I'd do decaf. I wouldn't drink any soda or coffee because those don't keep you hydrated at all. I also used to drink the big bottles of Propelle (from the makers of Gatorade), about 3-4 bottles a day. That's about how much you should drink each day. I had a little thing where I had to drink everything through a straw...and it had to be ice cold or I couldn't drink it. Weird I know. Hope that helps!

ColtsFan1912
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM

water makes me sick right now. .it sucks. . .i've been drinking lemonade & decaf iced tea.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers\
"They dont have to understand you, be still, wait & know, I understand you,.. .i love you please see & believe again" Flyleaf
DWells06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I find that during the weekend I drink more water than the week. I try to drink as much as I can daily because I will sneak in one Dr. Pepper or Tea and I am trying to avoid it while I am finishing up my pregnancy.

I drink it straight. I've actually found that I like water more now than before. Course you could use the crystal light packets or something to add some favor to your water if you can't stand it.

The best thing to keep you hydrated is water since 70% of our bodies is water. If anything, drink juice with electrolites and they can help. I do drink OJ or fruit punch to change up the fluid intake.  

pregnancy week by week
ashleywilkerson
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM

for some reason regular water makes me sick to my stomach, so i have been drinking the propel waters or i get the powder and mix it in a bottle of water. and once in a while a tea or soda.

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
Lilypie Maternity tickers
CheyanneW
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I keep a gallon of water on my desk and drink it thoughout the day.  I hate water but I can make myself drink it while pregnant.  BTW I was always told not to drink tea while pregnant because it is a diuretic and can make you dehydrated.  Which can cause preterm labor.  Although I was told to drink it at the very end for the same reason.

MJWard
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I try to drink at least 50 oz of water a day..like water water no fancy stuff. But on of that I do drink vitamin water here and there.

treadmillBiggest Loser contest! Shed some lbs and win a prize Join us! Togeather we can make a change!  The Fit Mama Club

The_Purple
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM
I am chronically thirsty. I am 15 weeks and still nursing so that is probably why. No matter how much water I drink I am thirsty. It's pretty awful. I drink well over 8 glasses a day, but I'm sure my daily requirements are higher. I just chug huge cups of water all day and I wake up 2 times a night thirsty as heck! I wish I had an IV 24/7 pumping water into me because being this thirsty all the time stinks! Is anyone else this thirsty?
grapejelly
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I try to be a good water drinker... I usually fill up my 32oz bottle an try to drink it throughout the day.  I find it easier to drink it with ice (I like it super cold).  I shoot for at least one whole bottle a day and try to push my self beyond that.  I drink lemonade when I'm not drinking water.  Occassionally gingerale, but no caffiene sodas.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)