Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They named their baby THAT?!?!? **Look**

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 17 Replies

Okay, seriously, I have heard it ALL now! I was flipping through the paper and glanced at the local births and they list the parents Michael and Shateeka Y****.  So far so good...those names aren't too odd, but here is the kicker...they named their baby...

PhaReal Trust Michael Leigh Y****

Yep, they used the dad's name and put PhaReal (fo'real/for real) Trust before it!!! Its like the dad is saying you can trust me but naming a kid that!!!!

What do you think of that?!?

Tiffany, wife to David and sahm to James and Caleb and Baby J (Jasper or Jocelyn) coming summer of 2010!

Pregnancy ticker

Chinese Predictor says Boy

Intelligender says Girl

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM

dang. i understand unique names but thats. .just...insane. poor kid

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers\
"They dont have to understand you, be still, wait & know, I understand you,.. .i love you please see & believe again" Flyleaf
doulala
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM

oh...

I think I would pronounce it like it rhymes with Arielle.   (AH-ree-ell)  

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

jamiesmom1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I could never do that to my kid. That poor child is going to be teased so bad.

Yuriko_chan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Wow that has got to be the most bazaar thing I have heard!! That is so crazy! ROFL!!!!!

Kelzie4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM

YIKES!!!

GlowingxMomma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Just wow. That poor child!

jennparker252
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM

poor kid:(

enlarge photo

Jeffrey Phelps
Marijuana Pepsi Sawyer overcame a difficult youth, exacerbated by her name, and now is an educator.
more photos
Jeffrey Phelps
Marijuana Pepsi Sawyer overcame a difficult youth, exacerbated by her name, and now is an educator.

Police years ago pulled over a young woman who rushed through an amber traffic light. "I'm about to arrest this person right now," the irritated officer radioed to a dispatcher. "She's telling me her name is Marijuana Pepsi Jackson."

It's the truth. Marijuana and Pepsi are her legal first and middle names, and the Beloit woman embraces them as a symbol of her struggle to succeed and to help other children overcome obstacles.

No Mary or Mary Jane or Mary Wanda for her. It's Marijuana, thank you, she's told bosses, co-workers and friends over the years, and even wore it on nametags at work.

This tall, striking, self-assured, motorcycle-riding woman is a schoolteacher with a master's degree in higher education administration. Soon, she'll start work on her doctorate.

All of her achievement came despite that smoky, carbonated name. And partly because of it. No one named Marijuana Pepsi gets lost in the crowd.

"Everybody I meet says this: You're nothing like I thought you'd be," she told me when we sat down for an interview in Beloit last week.

These days she goes by Marijuana Sawyer, the surname of her ex-husband from Georgia, where she spent 10 years before returning to Beloit in 2008 to fulfill a promise to make a difference in her hometown. She has a 6-year-old son named, mercifully, Isaac.

Sawyer's mother, Maggie Johnson, picked her name. Her father objected but lost the argument. To this day, a lot of family members and best buds call her Pepsi.

How`s my pregnancy doing?
Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

why dont people think b4 they name their kids..they have to live with it forever well unless when they are older they change their name

DO YOU WANT TO BE A FIT MOMMY?    if you have just had a baby, ttc,want to maintain your weight, or you are pregnant and want to have a healthy pregnancy come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540
http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheFitMamaClub

millermom07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I have a friend who works at the department of family and children services and she said she's worked with people who have very strange names for their children.

Female... fa-mall-ee

Emergency... em-er-gen-cee

Shithead... shi-thed

Just to name a few... lol

S@R@H

playing soccer girl  girl on a swing  ice cream      

Skyler (11)              Ashley (9)               Dalton (8)           

shayliesmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Quoting GlowingxMomma:

Just wow. That poor child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)