Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kindof a weird question about after you give birth and your belly

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

does your belly after you give birth always look like a grandma butt? hahahaha sorry, im honestly curious.. and sorry for the wording.. i dont know how else to explain it.  or did your belly at least go mostly back to normal

i dont think this has anything to do with how my belly will look, but i plan on breastfeeding exclusively for the first 6 weeks, and then pumping when i have to go back to work.

First time mommy due April 6, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

pregnancy week by week

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
youlookin4me
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

i WOUld not say i had a grandma butt.....  I think it justb depends on genetics and how your skin streatches....I am due any day with my third and i had a little pooch  but nothing i was freaked out about!

adamko84
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:18 PM

LOL! I was pretty saggy but I wouldn't call it grandma butt. More like similar to what it was pregnant, just deflated and lower. But not wrinkly or anything like that! 

How`s my pregnancy doing?

swesolek6
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM

WRINKLY. i think that would have been a better word haha. i could not think of a better way to describe it.. you just answered my queston though..

how about other ladies.. any mroe opinions?

Quoting adamko84:

LOL! I was pretty saggy but I wouldn't call it grandma butt. More like similar to what it was pregnant, just deflated and lower. But not wrinkly or anything like that! 

pregnancy week by week

Trish1984
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM

After my dd i went back to normal, couldnt tell i even had a baby and then after ds i lost it all but the baby pouch

Mom2girls0708
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM

HAHA Mine does... lol... I gained close to a 100 lbs with my first daughter and I am only 4 11 and was very small. So my stomach was stretched to pieces.  It kind of looked like what John and Kate plus 8 looked like before her surgery.  I plan on having a tummy tuck when I have this baby and we get the money up.  Doc said it was the only way to fix it. lol  OHH WELL...

stellarluna
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM

that's a good way to put it!   haha!  For me, yes.  I am on baby number 3 and with my first two, I looked totally alien to myself but I always did get back to a figure I loved.  My belly was attractive again so it doesn't necessarily mean you'll look flabby later on.  Breastfeeding really does help because not only does it get your uterus back to normal size fast, but it burns 500 calories a day.  So eat smart, be active, and there's no reason why you shouldn't be looking like yourself again within the time frame it took to get that way!

I've never personally known anyone that had a very attractive belly right after giving birth. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Jennasmom08
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Mine went back to normal after the first, this time I am hoping for the same, but I have gotten stretch marks this time around.

swesolek6
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

lol i dont expect it to be attractive.. im just wondering because i know when the skin is so stretched that it is wrinkled that it is a heck of a lot harder to get back into shape..

well, i have heard that, i dont know that.

Quoting stellarluna:

that's a good way to put it!   haha!  For me, yes.  I am on baby number 3 and with my first two, I looked totally alien to myself but I always did get back to a figure I loved.  My belly was attractive again so it doesn't necessarily mean you'll look flabby later on.  Breastfeeding really does help because not only does it get your uterus back to normal size fast, but it burns 500 calories a day.  So eat smart, be active, and there's no reason why you shouldn't be looking like yourself again within the time frame it took to get that way!

I've never personally known anyone that had a very attractive belly right after giving birth. 

pregnancy week by week

gradysmom2006
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Mine stayed saggy looking for several weeks.  It still wasn't "normal" when I got pregnant again, almost 3 years later, but I hadn't done a whole heck of a lot to try to get it back either.

Pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)