Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood Type...and RH shot?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

So when I was preggo w/my son I had to get the RH shot, bc my blood is O Negative. I still haven't gotten the shot yet, and I'm 23 weeks... I was wondering around WHEN in my pregnancy I'll get it?? I swear if my doctors "forgot" I'll be soooo mad

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKalila
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM

28 weeks unless you had bleeding earlier on... I had to have one at 7 weeks w/ my first and then again at 28, but still have a few weeks before my first shot with this one. Don't worry... you're fine. You might ask them to run an antibody test though... my dr didn't last time, but my midwife is this time (despite not having any at the beginning of the pg, we checked then too). Is a huge comfort to know!

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobuckethttp://www.youravon.com/kmery
Mrs.Christie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM
I havent got it yet either. but i believe its around 28 wks.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersPregnancy ticker          

bugg2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I am O negative as well and have to get the RH shot. I'm getting mine tomorrow at 29 weeks and 6 days. they usually dont give it until about 28 weeks. i would bring it up to the doctor at your next visit 

CafeMom Tickers
gradysmom2006
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Do you know your husband's blood type?  If he's negative as well the shot is pointless...

Pregnancy ticker
megbarr
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I think it is 28 weeks. I'm 25 and haven't gotten my shot yet. I'm A- and hubby is A+. I was lucky with my first son, he was A- also so I didn't have to have the shot after birth. I would mention it to your doctor.

CafeMom Tickers
tjacques1218
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM

LOL I asked him when I thought of it, it would figure that he's A+

Quoting gradysmom2006:

Do you know your husband's blood type?  If he's negative as well the shot is pointless...

BigMamaHeidi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Typically you'll get the shot around 28 weeks, give or take a week. I had mine at 29 weeks and some odd days this pregnancy, right at 28 weeks with my son. I am A-. My ex was B+, my husband is O+, so there was no way out of it for me. You'll have to get another one shortly after you give birth, I believe, though this may be contingent on the baby's blood type. My son came out A+, and I do remember getting a second shot after he was born.

Mrs.Christie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Mrs.Christie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Mrs.Christie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Wow i dont know why my reply keeps sending lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)