Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love it/Hate it Kolcraft stroller

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, so I'm trying to get some good advice on this stroller so if any of you ladies have used it lemme know if you loved it or hated it!  P.S. I have an almost 18 mo old and am due around the first couple weeks of Feb.  

Kolcraft Contours Options tandem stroller

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JennyJuice
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

omg I love this stroller!!! I have it and I cant say enough about it. It is so easy to push and maneuver around everything. The basket you can actually get to with both kids in the stroller. I love that I can switch the seats to face anyway I want....I have a 21 month old who is very tall and even she loves this stroller. Its expensive but in my opinion well worth it.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Sekzymexi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I was totally convinced this was the stroller for me till I actually got to try it out..When i have this baby I will have two little ones 19 months apart...I loved the options you get with this stroller but it is HugE! I am sort of a small framed person and I had such a hard time lifting it..Its enormous and very inconvenient that you have to take off the seats to fold it properly.  If your willing to deal with  two babies and a huge stroller go for it but it was too much for me. I felt like it would make life more difficult, not easier, and that was the whole reason I was investing in a double stroller in the first place. Now Im looking at the Babytrend Sit and Stand Double..It looks really great.

mrs.jonesy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM

BUMP! 

any more???

bump

mama2mycuties
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

This was how I felt too....I'm due the end of Feb and will have a 19mth old...I loved this stroller til I played with it and found out I have to take the seat off to fold it up....it was just wayyyyy too bulky for us. And spending the extra time taking it apart before folding is not what I would look forward to in freezing weather.

I'm pretty sure we're going to go with a Joovy Ergo Caboose.....the regular sit and stands I looked at when you put the infant seat in them it only goes in the front which takes up a lot of space and the child sitting in the back would be uncomfortable having to arch their back unless they wanted to stand....which I think at 19mths is unreasonable to ask them to stand for a whole trip and was considered unsafe by the company, they said to stand the child should be almost 3yrs old for safety reasons.

The ergo caboose is extremely pricey BUT it allows the infant seat to ride in the back until the older child is large enough to stand back there......lots more features as well and still more compact.

Quoting Sekzymexi:

I was totally convinced this was the stroller for me till I actually got to try it out..When i have this baby I will have two little ones 19 months apart...I loved the options you get with this stroller but it is HugE! I am sort of a small framed person and I had such a hard time lifting it..Its enormous and very inconvenient that you have to take off the seats to fold it properly.  If your willing to deal with  two babies and a huge stroller go for it but it was too much for me. I felt like it would make life more difficult, not easier, and that was the whole reason I was investing in a double stroller in the first place. Now Im looking at the Babytrend Sit and Stand Double..It looks really great.

czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I love this stroller. As far as heavy, I don't think so. I think it's lighter than other double stollers I have owned. When I fold it up I take out both seats. It folds up smaller. I have a 15 passenger van so it's hard finding a stroller that's just right. I have been through many strollers but by far this one is the best one I have owned. I plan on buying another one in a couple of months. Mine has alot of wear and tear.

Denise

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Sekzymexi
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 3:29 PM

The new babytrend sit and stand strollers have way more options than the regular sit and stand. You can have two seats or one seat and then the stand part. and if you have a baby carrier it can go in the front or back seat. If you need two baby carriers you can use both with this stroller. I really like it. Check it out!

http://babytrend.com/strollers_double/SS76950.html

Quoting mama2mycuties:

This was how I felt too....I'm due the end of Feb and will have a 19mth old...I loved this stroller til I played with it and found out I have to take the seat off to fold it up....it was just wayyyyy too bulky for us. And spending the extra time taking it apart before folding is not what I would look forward to in freezing weather.

I'm pretty sure we're going to go with a Joovy Ergo Caboose.....the regular sit and stands I looked at when you put the infant seat in them it only goes in the front which takes up a lot of space and the child sitting in the back would be uncomfortable having to arch their back unless they wanted to stand....which I think at 19mths is unreasonable to ask them to stand for a whole trip and was considered unsafe by the company, they said to stand the child should be almost 3yrs old for safety reasons.

The ergo caboose is extremely pricey BUT it allows the infant seat to ride in the back until the older child is large enough to stand back there......lots more features as well and still more compact.

Quoting Sekzymexi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)