Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freaking out about c-section!!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

i am going to have my third c-section in february and find myself freaking out about it?? i wasnt like this with my other two and both there recoverys where great so i dont no why i am freaking out so much. i cant go a day with out thinking about it and i just want to be able to enjoy myself, being my third i sould be fine but i am just SOOOOO scared somthing is going to happen being its my third!! any one else feel this way?? Or maybe i just need some reasurance so if there is any one out there who has had three or more c-sections please tell me how it went!!! 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Holly126
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I'm having my second in 8 days and I'm scared. My first was an emergency and they put me to sleep so I have no idea what to expect as far as pre op goes.... So here's a bump for you

Lilypie
Lilypie - (vgiB)

mellmom2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM

thanks! my first was am emergancy c-section at 32 weeks and my second was a planned c-section at 35 weeks because my cervix was shortening. so far so good with this pregnancy it has been the easiest so far ( knock on wood lol)

sexymccay
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I am scared too. Im getting ready to have my 5th c section in about 2 months. Im really nervous. Only because I had complications with my 4th. But I think you will be fine. Hang in there.

doulala
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I think that this happens with a lot of (already) moms, like we really appreciate being needed, for our children's sake.  I remember it!!!!

What has you worrying?   Is there a specific concern?  
Did anything happen during or after before that has you over-thinking this?

What kind of support do you have around there?
Is your family understanding and planning to help around the house?

Faith, Acceptance, Surrender         ~Unknown

Fear can be overcome only by Faith.         ~Dr. Grantly Dick-Read

Rain, after all is only rain; it is not bad weather. So also, pain is only pain; unless we resist it, then it becomes torment.            ~I Ching

If I don't know my options, I don't have any.          ~Diana Korte

andreasmom02
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Well, I've only had 2 children, so not sure if I can be of much help, but I'll try... My first birth was vaginal, and 2nd was emergency c-section. I'm a nurse myself, & was really nervous about the c-section, since I was awake through the whole thing. I think what got me through my c-section is the fact I had a great doctor. I loved my doctor and the hospital I delivered at! I felt really safe in his care, and felt like the hospital I was delivering at had great nurses & staff. If you really like your doctor, and they did good with your previous deliveries, you'll probably be just fine. I think we all let our minds "run wild" with ideas sometimes when it comes to things like births, surgeries, etc. I think another thing that helped me through the surgery, was while I was awake, I tried focusing on an object in the c-section room and daydreamed while doing so... I daydreamed about something that made me happy. It was really hard to do, but I tried my best and it helped. I had a post partum hemmorhage with my first baby vaginally, so was super scared of it happening again with baby #2, especially with a c-section. But everything went great! I lost less blood with the c-section than the first birth vaginally. I guess my point is try not to be scared, and discuss your fears with your doctor if you feel like it. Sometimes just venting our fears help.... try to be calm... I was a nervous wreck while waiting for baby #2, and it didn't help a bit. When I calmed down and relaxed, I felt much better. Good luck hun...

hinson7169
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM

im with u im having my 3rd c section on Jan 5th and im scared  this is my last one im getting my tubes tied.. Just hang in there and pray that everything will be ok :) I always think God would not give me this child and take me from them.. I know everything is going to be ok you have to have it set in your mind that everything is going to work out and u will be fine :)

mellmom2
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM

thank you every one. as for some questions i got, i dont no why i am feeling this way both my other c-sections where great besides the one being an emergancy and even then my doctor and nurses where so cool and colected they made it seem like a normal planned c-section (just alittle more rushed of course) . the only bad part about them both is my babys where rushed off to the NICU. but my recoverys where great i only needed tylonal for pain and only took it for about a week after. i was even walking the same day !! i think i am scared that i have had two perfect c-section delivery so i wont get lucky a third time and somthing is going to go wrong and i wont be able to see my kids ever again ?? do you ever feel like your life is going so good that you are just waiting for something to happen to ruin it maybe i am feeling like that and i think the c-setion in the thing that is going to ruin it all??

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM

im pretty nervous about if i have to get one. i am trying for a VBAC, but there is always a chance....hopefully everything will go well....just trying to stay positive here :) good luck mama!!!

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:52 AM

This is an interesting post... My cousin has had three c-sections and was fine with the first two.. Scared a bit with the first, but that's normal for most if not all women.. Well with her third, she FREAKED OUT like you! She did! She was worried, didn't want to do it! Scared... Everything turned out perfectly fine and her healing was great.. But i'm wondering if more women get scared after the second for a reason.. I've noticed this with my son's aunt, too.. She got really scared. But i'm not sure if it was because it was her third c-sec or because her son had passed away from sids a year before and she was just naturally nervous for her new daughter.. Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine regarding the surgery. Keep your head up! :D

Mommy2LPK
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM

For my third I wasn't scared at all. It went really well to. 

We are TTC now and im already freaking out about having a 4th c-section. I don't want it all. I think because i'v over researched it. I'v read to many articles about how having to many is bad for you and all the things that can go wrong with them ....... im sure it will all be okay though. Hopefully!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)