Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could this be? *updated* 1/4/10

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 13 Replies

I know every little pain scares me, but this one is a new one on me. I looked it up and I can't find anything on it, so what do you ladies think?

Okay. Earlier today, I'd say probably 11 this morning, My lower back and my hips started hurting, which is nothing uncommon lately, So I didn't pay it much attention. About 2 hours ago my stomach started cramping. It wasn't very painful, but it wasn't braxton hicks. It lasted about 45 mins and I haven't had any cramping since. Well, I was sitting here watching a movie and got up to go to the bathroom and I doubled over from a horrible pain in my side. It has eased off but it will not go away. My stomach cramps are back, on and off. Those are nothing painful, like I said before, I just don't feel like it's braxton hicks. My son hasn't been as active today, but every time I do a kick count, He's kicking or moving about 15 times in an hour. My lower pain back has gotten so much worse than when it started out. I've taken a warm bath and some Tylenol, which usually helps, but it's doing nothing. I don't want to call my Dr and it be nothing. but what do you ladies think? 

So within the last few hours the pain has gotten a lot worse. My DR won't return my calls and L&D said that I would have to speak to him first. What should I do? I am so sore and my back will not stop hurting. I'm having a hard time getting up and down now from the hip and back pain.

So I went in and they said it was normal because I have had previous back injuries due to a car wreck when I was 16. It's never bothered me that bad before so I didn't think much of it, Thanks for all the help and advice ladies!

its a boy

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexymccay
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I have been the same way. Dr said that its my hips spreading and my body preparing for delivery. We are only a couple days apart. Maybe its the same thing.?

LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I'm hoping it's something very minor. I had some problems the beginning of my pregnancy and EVERYTHING scares me now, but I have been doing great and loving every minute of it until this started tonight. Maybe it is my body preparing for delivery.

Quoting sexymccay:

I have been the same way. Dr said that its my hips spreading and my body preparing for delivery. We are only a couple days apart. Maybe its the same thing.?

its a boy

LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:20 PM

bump

its a boy

LJM21
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I'm gonna bump this one more time

its a boy

LJM21
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:10 AM

bumping for the update... 

its a boy

Becca030507
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:14 AM

I am sorry but that's ridicules if they said you have to talk to your doctor first before going in with the symptoms you are having! I would go in regardless of what they say. They can't deny you care if you need it and you are only 31 weeks, too soon for a baby and you could be in labor and dilating! GET IN THERE ASAP!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
sharisse
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:15 AM

are you still having any stomach cramps?

when i had back labor i had horibble pain in my back, but it eventually moved into my stomach area also.

Becca030507
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:16 AM

If L&D are saying you have to talk to your doctor go to the ER is what I would do. Where I live it's all in the same hospital and they would just send me directly to L&D if I was to go to the ER! GOOD LUCK! I hope everything is okay! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
LJM21
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:16 AM

thanks, that what i had thought about doing, but they told me it was probably just a "Stretching" pain, that my body was getting ready for labor. I told the nurse it was VERY sharp hip and back pain. 

Quoting Becca030507:

I am sorry but that's ridicules if they said you have to talk to your doctor first before going in with the symptoms you are having! I would go in regardless of what they say. They can't deny you care if you need it and you are only 31 weeks, too soon for a baby and you could be in labor and dilating! GET IN THERE ASAP!!! 

its a boy

LJM21
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:17 AM

The cramps come and go. They are still there, but they don't last long but can be painful

Quoting sharisse:

are you still having any stomach cramps?

when i had back labor i had horibble pain in my back, but it eventually moved into my stomach area also.

its a boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)