Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is every pregnancy really different?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am pregnant with my second child.  When I was pregnant with my daughter I had maybe a few days of nausea and I was tired.  Well so far with this one I have been nauseated just about every single day.  I already get heartburn sometimes.  With my daughter it didn't start till third trimester.  I am also extremely exhausted everyday.  So I keep thinking well maybe this is our little "boy".   But I've had alot of people tell me that even if they had 2 of one sex their pregnancies were different.  So I just wanted to hear from some of you ladies if there was differences in your pregnancies.  Thanks!!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JsunkissedB
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM

my last 2 pregnancys were the same and i had 3 girls! i craved ceaser salads, and nachoes, never had morning sickness at all even with the twins.

this pregnancy i have been sick the whole time, crave fruit and veggies, breaking out like crazy sothis one is  totally different and the other 2 were the same and were hoping for our boy as well =) good luck

LoveMyBlessings
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Everyone of my prengnacies were completely different, and I had a boy, girl then another boy...

LaughterHugs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

this is my 2nd pregnancy too. first one was a BREEZE, i burped like once, had NO food aversions and only spent ONE week craving (chicken tostadas of all things, lol)

this one i was sick, like throwing up for the first 3 MONTHS. thank god it got better once i hit 2nd trimester. i was also nauseated by the mere thought of chicken and chocolate, lol. now that's i'm solidly into 2nd trimester it's all getting better, but i'm worried what'll happen to me once i hit the third now :D i've also been craving really random stuff, like artichokes and eclairs etc....

so yes, for me at least (silly me thinking i knew it all and was 'prepared' for pregnancies since i did one already, ha!) every pregnancy has been different

Lilypie - (1IOX)

Lilypie - (RNjD)

Daisypath - (PwPI)

Hrivera5
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I think every pregnancy is different!  With my son: sick all the time, the whole pregnancy long.  With my daughter, never sick at all.   BUT, my mom had two girls and it was the same with her:  One pregnancy she was sick the whole time, the other she wasn't sick at all. 

Alison82
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I had extreme nausea with both pregnancies, and they were both girls. 

Kristy Grace ~ 11-6-04  ~~ Evelyn Caylee ~ 7-3-09

mommy2bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

My first two pregnancies were exactly the same and they were both girls. This pregnancy has been the polar opposite of my first two. I am having another girl. lol.

doctorjm001
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I am having a little boy and so far my pregnancy has been like yours,nauseated for the first three months, tired all the time, heartburn like you wouldn't beleive. I am not sure if that has anything to him being a boy but this pregnancy was rough that first trimester.

angelove8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM

This is my 3rd pergnancy and first girl. This one is COMPLETELY diff from my boys. I feel dead tired 24/7 and feel like crying over the smallest things. My depression has hit with this one and it really sucks. I want to clean so bad but have no energy. I'm eating like crazy though.I had so-so nausea with this one and really bad nausea with my first boy and no nausea with my second. I think with all her hormones and mine it's really messing me up.  

mama2mycuties
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

For me yes, this is baby number 6, I have 2 boys and this is the 4th girl..........all completely different :)

Brittany.Dann
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM

With my daughter I was extremely sick every day all for for 5-6 months. With this one I have had a little nausea but not too much and I am already thinking I am starting to show a little and so does my husband and not to mention I have had heartbearn and cravings really bad which I didn't have with my daughter till the end. I also didn't swell till the very end and lately my fingers have been swelling in my sleep. I assumed I am having a boy this time as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)