Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having Complications...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm 21wks with my 2nd child and I went in for my normal prenatal appt today and come to find out my blood pressure was 168/133, outrageously high especially this early and I was having and have been having several other worrisome symptoms... Well, to make a long story short I had to have an EKG, a ton of blood work and an X-ray because my doctor isn't sure what's going on and wants to rule everything out... Anyhow, I really didn't want to have an X-ray but I had no choice as it was done to check my heart and I'm curious now if anyone has had to have an X-ray and if everything turned out ok afterwards as far as the baby is concerned?

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sissychristi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:25 PM

1. Did they give you any advice for helping bring your blood pressure down (diet, exercise, etc.)? There are many ways to bring it down, so don't let them classify you as high-risk until you have tried these things. 

2. Did they put an apron over your belly when they did the x-ray? If so, your baby would have very little exposure and should be fine.

Good luck and keep us posted.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Amandalukassen
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I had an x-ray done a couple of weeks ago at 26 weeks.  Nothing happened and I trusted the doctors that ordered it. I have a pace maker with heart failure so we have EKG's a lot and Echos on my heart all the time.  But I didn't have any problems after the x-ray.  The reason for my x-ray was my heart was starting to fail again.  But thankfully the doctors got everything squared away before anything bad happened.  But when doubt ask your doctor.  Hope everything gets better for you.  :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)