Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stomach pain

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am 27 weeks along and I have been having bad pains since last night.  The pain is in my stomach and wraps around to my back. It is a real sharp pain and it hurts when I go to the bathroom. The pain almost brings me to my knees. It also comes and goes. I talked to the nurse in labor and delivery last night when the pain was real bad (before it started to come and go) and she said it sounded like a kidney infection and said to take a bath and take some tylenol and to call my ob tomorrow to make an appointment.  If it was a kidney infection wouldnt the pain be all the time and not come and go? I  also have cramps too. I have had those almost the whole time though and the dr said that is normal as long as it isnt severe and there is no blood. Could these be contractions? It has been 8 years since I have been pregnant and I dont rememeber feeling like this at 27 weeks. I hope they dont put me on bedrest cuz I have 2 kids to look after but whatever is best for the baby I will do.  Anyone have any ideas?

Can't wait to meet our baby boy Hunter Johnpregnancy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cmhollen24
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM

i would def. call the doctor tomorrow it could be kidney related or i've been having alot of  pain and my doc says it's the way the baby is laying that it's pulling on my muscles. but  def. call the doctor you dont want it to be something more.

CafeMom Tickers
Amandalukassen
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I have been having cramps the past week too, and having pains.  Went to L&D to figure out what was going on.  Mine was due to the baby moving and pulling on everything.  So they put me on light bed rest, I'm 28 weeks along. So it may be the baby growing and pushing on everything.  But I would call the doctor too. Hope you feel better. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:23 AM

it could be contractions but from what you are saying..it happens when you are going to the bathroom?  generally, contractions will happen wherever.  i hope your doc appt goes well today and that the pain goes away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)