Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat question

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

OK I found a Baby trend flex-loc carseat for $89.00 and on the nhtsa site its a 4 out of 5 stars so I'm guessing its a good seat the thing is it's green heck here I'll show a picture lol

lol anyhow would this be considered unisex I know I'm having a girl but for some reason I'm loving this color. Or should I just give up loving this for the color and get the little more expensive one?

looks like this but with a butterfly

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMySonPJ
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM

i think the butterfly would be better

2009mami2alex
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:22 AM

i was going to get the one with the butterly, but i got their black and pink one instead... but the one with the butterfly, has wayyy better padding and material quality then the green one! the green ones material is very plasticky and seems like it would be so uncomfortable... and cold in winter and hot in summer ...

Smntnl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I like the green one!!! I am having a girl also and I wanted one like the green one, but my mom jumped the gun and ran out before I could buy it and brought home a pink one and said here ya go!!!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:41 AM

I am partial to girly things. So I like the second one!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

txgirlinky
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:01 AM

If you like the green, then you should get the green  Babies are expensive enough without paying more for something just bc its pink  

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:01 AM

i agree! exp for how long (or little! lol) they are actually going to be in an infant carrier!

Quoting txgirlinky:

If you like the green, then you should get the green  Babies are expensive enough without paying more for something just bc its pink  

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM

its that type of material if they spit up its easy to wipe clean. mine is like that. i just washed it like 5 times and it isnt too horrible.

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

i was going to get the one with the butterly, but i got their black and pink one instead... but the one with the butterfly, has wayyy better padding and material quality then the green one! the green ones material is very plasticky and seems like it would be so uncomfortable... and cold in winter and hot in summer ...

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM

The pink one isnt just pink though, its a bigger seat.. i believe it goes up to 30 lbs were as the green on only goes up to 22 lbs. I am also getting there black and pink one  and it goes up to 30 lbs. These are GREAT seats! the pink one actually does a little better in ratings..but they are both very good seats. I have a friend who has had that very same green seat for all 3 of her children and it still looks brand new.. so you dont have to worry about quality with baby trend. 

AMS622
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I have the second one. I love it but one thing is the strap has to be put together and held to click into the buckle. it isn't too hard but is an extra step

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM

You might also want to ask yourself if your having anymore kids. If yes and it's a boy your gonna want another infant seat again. I personally love the green, but thats just me. If it's worth the extra money for you to have a more girly seat then go for it, but if you like the green get it and put that money you would have spent towards diapers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)