Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh she is lying about being pregnant!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 32 Replies

so a good friend of mine told me When i saw her on january 7th that she was pregnant! ... for some reason i had a feeling she was lying, but who knows so i let it go... well on friday she calls me and tells me that her foster mom found the pregnancy test and kicked her out, if she could stay with me [she is 17] so i picked her up ...well on saturday she said she was bleeding and needed to go to the ER, so her "babydaddy" picked her up and took her... i knew this was coming, for her to say she was bleeding, then say she had a misscarriage so she wouldnt get caught lying.. so she gets back and says she is still pregnant, but just bleeding and that her due date is september 29th... Well i just looked it up and she would only be 3 weeks if she is due september 9th...how would she know almost 2 weeks ago she was pregnant? and she is bleeding A LOT because my dog dragged her pad out of the garbage and it was soaked with blood ...i dont get how she still has this guy she is preggo when he took her to the ER, the ER obviously had to tell her she isnt preggo... and i cant see him being dumb enough to wait in the waiting room the whole time and just take her word for it... but who knows... she has EVERYONE convinced she is preggo, and im the only one who knows better...

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MightySapphire
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I would directly confront her with the information, and tell her to go live with her boyfriend.  A friend who can't be honest with you is not a friend.

And lying about pregnancy is just wrong! 

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Ask her who her OB is. Where are her prenatals? What's the baby's heartbeat at? Where's the positive pregnancy test?

If you have a test laying around anywhere, i'd tell her "Go take it now, or get out of my house."

If she's three weeks along by due date, and she told you two weeks ago.. that's fishy. I don't believe it.

CafeMom Tickers

Due in July 2010? Join us here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/108462

2009mami2alex
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM

well even IF she was preggo im sure she wouldnt take prenatals, see a OB yet, shes very immature with stuff like that... at the moment she is at the club with her friends... 

Quoting Pandapanda:

Ask her who her OB is. Where are her prenatals? What's the baby's heartbeat at? Where's the positive pregnancy test?

If you have a test laying around anywhere, i'd tell her "Go take it now, or get out of my house."

If she's three weeks along by due date, and she told you two weeks ago.. that's fishy. I don't believe it.

Dara0820
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I would tell her to let you see the discharge papers from the ER....and if she says she doesn't have them...then you know she's lying, because they ALWAYS give those to you. Not like she's going to just throw them away on the way out of the ER lol.

pregnancy

Dara

MightySapphire
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Quoting Pandapanda:

Oh, good idea!!  I'd buy a HPT and make her take it or get out.  And don't let her pull that "I can't believe you don't believe me" crap.  And who goes out clubbing when they are preggers???

stellarluna
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Tell her that you are here for her, and offering her a place to stay to get herself in a good place so that she can be a mom and take care of this baby while it lives in side of her and needs her in that way.  If she can't do that, you won't watch her do all of the wrong things and put her baby or herself in danger by going out to clubs etc., so either come clean or leave.  She sounds like she needs a motherly figure in her life anyway, and I'd say take another pregnancy test with you, if she's pregnant, you are seeing that she gets on prenatals, and that's it.  It's your home, you don't have to allow her to do whatever she pleases, she is still a child, and from the way you describe her, it's more than an age reference.  If she doesn't want to do the right and responsible things, then you can't support her. 

Tough love, but it MIGHT work?? You don't want to be taken advantage of mama, don't let her.

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

well even IF she was preggo im sure she wouldnt take prenatals, see a OB yet, shes very immature with stuff like that... at the moment she is at the club with her friends... 

Quoting Pandapanda:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Ethansmommy2010
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Of corse I have no clue if shes lieing or not but here is what I have been through...

I found out I was preggers early, I was only a cupple days late so I took a test. It was a yes! I bleed really badly for the first 3 months though (off and on) I am now about 8 months and the baby is fine ( Thank goodness) But I had to take it very easy, and it doesn't happen offten so I would deff. have her take a test with you and show you her papers from the ER. If she is a friend she wont mind takeing the test with you, she will want you to share this with her and be happy with/ for her if she is preggers. I hope everything works out. If she is lieing I am sorry and thats really horrable because people do have problems like I have and it's hard. My baby is the first I have been able to carry past 3 months. Lieing about being preggers is WRONG.

CafeMom Tickers
jaj3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:25 AM
you know what this is funny cause i have a friend right now who is lying about beening pregnant to she just married a guy she only known for a month and she now is told everybody in his family and also told him she is pregnant when she keep getting negative results and she been on birth control since she had her daughter was born and she is 10 now so we all know she want be preg anytime soon so just do what i did and bust her bubble and let her know your on to her games
JHall
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Take the test!! If she really is preg and bleeding she needs to take it easy and not be going out to clubs. but what I am thinking is she really isn't preg and her and her mom got into it and she had enough.  You could call and ask her mom?? to find out the real truth if her mom says no she isn't and I didn't find a pos preg test then kick her out she is using you to get away and that is not a friend to you.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Ok, I knew pretty early like 2 or so weeks into my pregnancy that I was pregnant.  But I had implantation bleeding and took a early EPT.  She could be pregnant or she could be lying.  I would have her take a preggo test and take it from there.  She does sound really irresponisble, but then again I know a 35 year old who is pregnant and not much better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)