Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANXIETY/ FEAR CHILD BIRTH

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

im a first time mom due in may with baby isabella.. im scared that something wrong will happen to me during labor. like im gonna die!!! help

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Wishing2BMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I'm high risk and I have that fear all of the time, but you have to stay positive.  Think about the future and holding that baby.  And that woman do this every day and the drs. are there to take care of you in an emergency.  HTH!!!

When in May are you due?  I'm due May 22nd.  I'm here if you need to talk.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 AM

It is pretty common to have some very big fears--   but fortunately, everything is likely to go very well, instead.   ;-)

Are you working to get information--  reading, taking classes, watching videos, getting help and support so that you can better understand the physiological process of normal childbirth?   This preparing can really help to reduce fears~  knowing that what you're experiencing is exactly right.
Preparing is great because you have many options-, you'll learn about what decisions you can make to help reduce your risks, too.

Learning some relaxation techniques are great, too!

Best wishes!

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I have an almost 2yr old, and I was scared to death to go through labor! I went to the hospital, walked, got my water broken, got an epidural, fell asleep, and poushed for 7 minutes! It was such an amazing experience! I did NOT feel one thing! I couldnt even feel if I was pushing or not lol. Every experience can be different...and I am starting to freak a little since im due in 1 month.....Im going through the what if's? like what if I dont make it to the hospital in time cause 2nd labors are usually faster? What if I dont get the epidural on time? lol. But then I remember everything happens for a reason, and no matter what happens...it will all be worth it in the end to hold your sweet baby =] But if you are fearing it like I was...if you have an extremly low pain tolerance...then I would recommend an epidural. I am not woman enough to go through labor without one! lol

CafeMom Tickers
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:12 AM

welcome to the group!  It is common to have fears but in most cases women give birth with very few problems. It will be okay!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

earthmama727
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Breathe Mama!  You will most likely be absolutely fine! As another poster said, do what you can to read/take classes to know what a normal birth is like!  Women have been giving birth since the beginning of time, and Billions of people later, we are all still here!  I'm sure we all get a little nervous during pregnancy, but when you go through labor and face all those fears, it can be the most empowering experience of your life!  I did it without any drugs at all, and it was really not as bad as you'd think!

Ina May Gaskin has some great books on childbirth (Spiritual Midwifery or Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth)  And Dr Robert Bradley has a book called "Husband Coached Childbirth"  that is great, whether or not you have a husband, he just talks a lot about giving birth without fear, and how natural birth is.  Bradley classes are good, but I've also heard great things about the whole Hypno birthing thing. 

Grungalax
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:34 AM

I know just how you feel. I had so many fears. It was so bad I would become hysterical whenever I heard that 'Lightning Crashes' song. My best advise is to always have somebody to talk to.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)