Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

too much weight...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM
  • 18 Replies
im 25weeks today and i went to my dr the other day and ive gained 39lbs! idk what to do....i eat pretty healthy no soda 1%milk lots of water i cut juice out. i work in retail so im always moving. anyone else have this problem??
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 AM
bump
JHall
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:02 AM

With my first preg I packed on the pounds by the 25th week by the end of the preg I put on about 50 lbs and I can't figure out why to this day. I ate when I could but it wasn't much felt sick most of the time. The second one I lost weight and by the end I had only put on about 10lbs. Now this one I'm 11 weeks and I have lost 5 so far.  I guess every preg is different. My mom was sick through both mine and my sisters and she couldn't eat much of anything crackers even made her sick but yet she put on about 60 to 80lbs with both of us.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
mbelle25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Some women are inclined to gain more weight with pregnancy than others! I have a lot of friends who have gained 60-75 pounds with their pregnancies even though they did everything they could to be healthy. Talk to your doctor about it though because it might mean something is going on with your body! Good luck hun! Dont stress too much though!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:04 AM

bump

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

paulsgirl1297
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I am 15 weeks  and so far have gained 5 lbs, I had o have a cerclage and will have to take it easy so I am thinking that I will  gain a lote more in the weeks to come. I am overweight to begin with so I am sure that I am advised to only gain about 15 lbs anyway.

SpecialK651989
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM

When I was pregnant with my daughter I gained 56 pounds. The terrible part? I had hyperemesis gravidarum and so I was throwing up CONSTANTLY, could barely keep anything down, and I was hospitalized 3 or 4 times from becoming dehydrated.When I did eat(which I have to, throwing up or not, because I'm a type 1 diabetic) it was always healthy, I drank non-fat milk, wheat bread, etc. I only ate well because any of the nutrients I could keep down my body and baby needed.Some women just gain a lot of weight. Sorry to get off on a tangent but sometimes you just can't help what you gain. It is what it is. If you are eating healthfully with proper portions and moving around then there isn't much you can do. Just don't stress about it, maybe talk to your doctor for some reassurance and advice. Good luck!

cdeweese
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM

My OB is big on not obssessing about how much weight you "should" gain. She tells us (I'm in a pregnancy group) that if you're eating right and still gaining more than "normal" it's because you're baby needs it. As long as you're not gaining at lightning speed and you healthcare provider is OK with it, I wouldn't worry too much. You may have to work a little harder to lose the weight afterward, but a healthy baby is worth it! 

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM

i have that exact same problem...when i was pregnant with my dd i gained over 100lbs!!! this time i am 20 weeks and i've gained 30lbs so far..it concerned me so i asked my doctors if their was a reason why i was gaining so much weight and she told me what to stay away from...juices,milk bread stuff like that and i told her i basically do and i asked her if maybe my body just sucks at pregnancy and we came to the conclusion that i just don't do pregnancy good..lol on the plus side i did lose all of the weight the first time so i'm pretty cofident i will do the same this time.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

olgabillman07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM

What are your portions like and how many calories are you consuming? Just because you are eating healthy foods, does not mean that you are eating the right amount.  

momma4vr
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM
ty ladies, i do watch my portions, i eat wheat bread with sandwhiches if i eat them. i dont drink soda juice or alcohol (obviously). i eat maybe 2 times a day cuz im not very hungry and i stop at the first sign of being even the slightest bit full.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)