Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

today is my due date jan17th

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

and still no baby. i know your due date can be off but man i was hoping for her to come by now. i didnt want to go past 40 weeks for sure. my son was born at 34 so i am glad she cooked a whiel longer than he did. how is everyone else on there due date? are you over due? do you think you will go over due? my doctor told me last week that this week he is going to induce me if she is not here by tuesday he is setting a date so she will be here for sure this week :)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Yayy, Congrats!   You've made it to the mid-point in the due period, lol!

;-)

I went to 41 weeks with my 2nd baby, it was a "spontaneous labor" not like the previous, and much smoother!    I had started to think I was actually going to be pregnant forever!!
Why does your doctor want to induce, are you having complications or is it just because you passed your due date?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

JOCELYN011710
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM

he said he dosent want her to be really big. and he dont like his clients to go to far past 40 weeks in cse they swollow the first BM. thats what he said

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:23 AM
Quoting JOCELYN011710:

he said he dosent want her to be really big. and he dont like his clients to go to far past 40 weeks in cse they swollow the first BM. thats what he said

I see.    Is that what you want , too?
You must be so excited to have made it this far!   :-)   Any preterm labor?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

NIKopotamous
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Quoting JOCELYN011710:

and still no baby. i know your due date can be off but man i was hoping for her to come by now. i didnt want to go past 40 weeks for sure. my son was born at 34 so i am glad she cooked a whiel longer than he did. how is everyone else on there due date? are you over due? do you think you will go over due? my doctor told me last week that this week he is going to induce me if she is not here by tuesday he is setting a date so she will be here for sure this week :)

I was induced at 41 weeks with my first DD.  This time I'm PRAYING I don't go past my due date because the doc I have this time doesn't post date induce and I'm limited on OB choices due to insurance.  :(  Try jumping jacks.  LOL.  It didn't work for me, but it sent my SIL into labor twice.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnant with or TTC a July/August 2010 baby?  IF SO, come join us at Due July/August 2010!!!  June and September mommies welcome too!  Can't wait to see you there!

JOCELYN011710
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:25 AM

i am unsure what i want i really want to have her but i am scared already now that it is time. but yes preterm my son was a 34 weeker

Sweet_Britt
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Im kinda with Doulala....make sure its what YOU want...dont let him push you into it, if its not necessary, you know? She WILL come, thats for sure. The due date may have been a few days off, so I would give it another few days before I started thinking about induction....

Make sure its what YOU want and what YOU feel comfortable with  : )

Maybe tomorrow take a good long walk (WITH SOMEONE, dont go alone, or without a cell...lol), do some things to get your body movin!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU HUN! AND CONGRATS!!

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:37 AM
Quoting JOCELYN011710:

i am unsure what i want i really want to have her but i am scared already now that it is time. but yes preterm my son was a 34 weeker

I can only encourage you to get the full picture from your doctor (and on your own) so that you are fully aware of the true risks with "big" babies and meconium and elective induction.
Your doctor can give you info to read up on or you can look it up from home.
   And I can share some of my info collection with you if you feel like you're interested.  :-)

It is important that you come to this decision informed.   You should feel good knowing that whatever you decide, it's best for your baby and yourself.  

Yes, it is just about time, it's exciting!   Best wishes!!

:-D

~Barbara Katz Rothma

NANA21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 AM

My cousin was due last Tuesday, and just had her baby yesterday .  She was not induced, and a healthy 10 pound girl!  Mom and baby are fine.

Good luck...your baby will be in your arms soon.

CafeMom Tickers

2009mami2alex
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:42 AM

ive been 4cm dilated for a week now, with contractions like crazy and still no bbay, my due date is in 6 days! i have a feeling i will go past! i will NOT let them induce untill im 42 weeks, unless theres some medical need , im misrable, but my babys health comes first no matter how misrable i am! sacrafices we make to have a baby! i had a pretty good birth with my son, and he was induced, but for medical reasons and i stil saw some bad effects of the induction =[  Make sure if your induced that its what YOU want, not what your doctor wants or pushes on you! and if its what you want, then good luck! and i wish you the best labor and birth and a healthy baby! keep us updated and post lots of pics when the time comes!!!!! =]

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Congrats on making it so much farther than you did with your 1st. I hope it's soon for you!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)