Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?Do you think you will model that relationship with your own children?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BellaBlondie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Yes, I have a fantastic relationship with my parents, and so does my husband.  In fact, he has a better relationship, and is closer with my mom and dad than he is his own.

I pray I can have the same kind of relationship with my kids (and their spouses) as DH and I have with my folks.  

Becca030507
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:00 AM

I have a wonderful relationship with my parents! My mom and I are best friends and I can talk to her about anything! I have a possible inner ear infection and they took my oldest DS for the afternoon so I could rest. They always offer to help and are great with my kids! My boys adore there grandparents and they are there favorites! I could go on and on about my parents all night long!! They are such wonderful people and a great example to my DH and I, and our boys!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
brandonsgirl110
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:05 AM

I have a great relationship with my step dad but not so great relationships with my mom & bio dad. I hope to have a closer relationship with my daughter then I do with my mom.

cdeweese
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:18 AM

I don't have that great of a relationship with my parents, unfortunately. I'm actually closer to my step-mom and my MIL than I am with my own mother. She and I have totally different approaches on life in general. Being pregnant with a girl, I feel like this is my chance to form that emotionally satisfying relationship that is lacking with my mom!

paulsgirl1297
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 AM

My father is deceased .but i was always called ''daddy's little girl'' I was devastated when I lost him.  My mom isn't and never has been the maternal type and I really want that. I had an Aunt who kind of stepped in and did what she thought my mom should have done. Just to prove my point- I had a cerclage placed on jan6th and she didn't come to the hospital , ( hubby offered to pick he up /let her spend the night with us but she came up with an excuse, I have gotten 1 text messafe from her since the surgery-not even a phone call. My last pregnancy my baby was born premature and hse wouldn't even come to the hospital, 3 years ago my brother broke his back and I had gallbladder surgery the very next day, she never came to see either one of us, she came a week later and stayed the night  but left at 8 am the next day. I have tried to except the way she loves us but it hurts sometimes. I have three adopted sons and I am always their for them and try to talk to them about their day and make sure to spend time with them one-on one as often as possible. They are now teenagers so sometimes I could tie them to a tree LOL but they are mine and I will ALWAYS put them before anything or anybody even me.

mistyann17
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:22 AM

my adoptive mom, not at all and for sooooooo many reasons.

my adoptive dad, yes

my bio mom, sort of, we both work opposite shifts and hardly talk anymore

her hubby, same

Tough girls come from New York, sweet girls, they're from Georgia. But us North Carolina girls have fire and ice in our blood. We can ride horses, be a debutant, throw left hooks, and drink with the boys, all while making sweet tea darlin♥

kara_g.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM

I live out of state and remain in a VERYclose relationship with my parents, both of whom I see a few times per year. I talk to my mom at least once per day on the phone, and Dad probably three times per week.  We are close to my father-in-law, who lives 5 hrs away. We see him 1x per week and I talk to him 1 or 2x per week on the phone, independent of my husband. Unfortunately, we lost my mother-in-law one year ago. We were close to her and she was love and is very missed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)