Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk baby names!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:56 AM
  • 47 Replies

For those who have their baby's name picked out, tell us why you chose that name...if it was "just b/c" or symbolic in anyway.
**For those who dont know the sex, but have BOTH a girls and a boys name, tell us about both!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grapejelly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Well for a girl, right now, we are leaning toward Cadence (no middle name yet)

For a boy, we have no idea... my husband has been mentioning Roy Michael (his step dad's name and my dad's name), but I don't love it...

CafeMom Tickers

rileysmommy229
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

i cant' decide on our boys name and neither can my dh

we like

Landon

Bentley

Brayden

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Noah Harrison is this baby's name..

Noah is just bc I REALLY like the name and Rob likes it well enough to concede. :o)

Harrison is our salute to Star Wars (Harrison Ford) and we like it as well b/c it's not widely used..

CANDYLC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM

We have had a few but I think it will be Lillian June. The middle name is after my mother who is passed away.

excougarmama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:24 AM

We have a boy name.

Benjamin Thomas Crabtree Castleman

Ok I know people are going to wince at the Crabtree part. But all three names are very cymbolic and Crabtree is a name that is passed down on my dad's side. Only someone skipped a generation. I am passing it to my next boy child.

Benjamin and Thomas are both family names as well.

I don't have a girl name picked out yet.

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

amy31308
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I'm having a girl and her name will be Emma Lee. My name is Ashlee so I just took the Lee off the end of my name :-P I've ALWAYS loved the name Emma:)

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

cdeweese
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM

We're having a girl and her name will be Charlotte Elizabeth! My husband and I each made a list of names we liked and then switched, circled the names we liked on each others list and decided that way! No hurt feelings or arguments! We did have some ground rules and this is what they were:

It had to sound gender specific (Charlotte=Girl)

One name had to come from the bible (Elizabeth)

And lastly it had to flow- we actually tried out a couple of names by saying them like parents do when the kids act up! LOL "Charlotte Elizabeth!!!" It was pretty hilarious! LOL

Beki1803
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM

We're not finding out the gender of our baby but we have picked two names,

for a boy it will def. be Nathaniel Grant (Grant is dhs name)

and for a girl we're not 100% but we like Michael Ann or Michael Grace.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM

This baby is a boy. His name will be Faheem Ramond. Faheem is the name his father chose and then he likes to names within the family so he chose to look at our lil brother's names. Neither of his brother's names worked with Faheem so we went with my lil brother's middle name. It was agreed Daddy could name the second baby. I was scared to death of what he would chose but I love the name too.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Monkeychick
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM

we have decided for our boy his name is going to be lealand james . lealand cause my husband is irish and wanted a irish name for him and james after him and his grandfather

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)