Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

posted a journal and a reply has me worried to death please help

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

This is about dreams Ive ben having any advice, someone commented on my journal and now I'm worried sick please help and let me know what you think.sorry so long

Since I found out that i was pregnant my dreams are becoming even worse.I don't know what is causing them but I will be glad when they go away.I have ben in my share of abusive Relationships And they have caused me to have some night terrors.Some times I wake up in a cold sweat screaming and crying IT has gotten to the point that i dread even going to bed at night. My dreams even sometimes make me sick to the point I find myself in the bath room hugged around the toilet. They seem so real and I don't know what to do about them..One of the dreams that I keep having is...I'm running in the cold dark woods. because my ex is chasing me. I cant see much just the branches and the trees in the moon lite. As they are coming at my face,I can feel rocks and dirt beneath my feet, IM crying and running I'm out of breath.I  can see that I'm very far along in my pregnancy..I keep running as fast as i can and when i think Ive gotten away my ex grabs me and holds me tightly. He puts his hands over my mouth. He has on black gloves that I can see in the moon light. His voice is so distinct as i here him in my ear,You thought you where going to get away. I can feel the knife as he racks over my throat .He then takes the knife to my side  of my stomach and stabs me repeatedly,Then he lets me go . I then take off running and crying, holding on to my side I can feel the blood in my hands then when I stop running and look down before I can see the blood I jerk and wake right up as if Ive never even ben asleep. I don't know what to do about these I'm scared and think that maybe I'm going to have a miscarriage or something.I know I hope these go away and soon.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
utlegna
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:10 AM

From what I can see she didnt give you an explanation as to why you should call your dr. This is a very delicate matter and I wish I could discuss it with you through messages either e-mail or chat because not all people believe in this so feel free to message me or chat with me my e-mail address is angel_silencioso1986@yahoo.com   or      ruoylegna@hotmail.com

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:24 AM

I read the journal and reply (I replied htere by the way).  But I think she just meant that you need to tell your doc about them, because the stress and anxiety can affect your pregnancy.  If it is messing with your sleep, that is also bad.  Your doc may prescribe something for anxiety, because that sounds like exactly what you're going through.  With all the hormones and the history you have, I'm not surprised!
     Here are some tips to help ease thigns off.  Try some prenatal yoga (as long as doc approves).  Even if you can not do yoga, try to spend 10-30 minutes a day doing slow breathing.  In through the nose, out through the mouth.  Concentrate on positive and relaxing things as you try to banish negative or stressful thoughts.  It helps to have some relaxing music in the background.  Make sure you can do this uninterrupted (I know...easier said than done).
    Also, try to get a short walk in or at least some time out in the sun.  Just 15 minutes in the afternoon can set your sleep patters in order.  Your body read the afternoon sun as "oh I need to start getting ready for sleep" basically.  Before bed, read something relaxing.  A happy book or love story, maybe even something funny.  Nothing that will make you think to hard, or bring up anything from your past.  If you're a religious person, consider reading passages that are comforting and praying each night before you sleep.  If you are Christian consider this.  I would often pray over my sleep before bed because of such pregnant dreams.  And have my husband anoint me with oil should they bother me.
    Also when irrational thoughts like "my ex is coming for me" bother your during the day (or you wake form the dream), take the time to write that thought down in a journal.  Then on that page make two columns.  One for why the thought is rational (why it will happen) and then another column for why the thought is irrational (why it's just stress talking).  Most often, the irrational column is bigger.  If it isn't, then this will give you a chance to look at your situation and maybe correct somethings so that eventually, that irrational column will be bigger. 
    And just talk.  Therapy can be amazing, whether it is with a professional, a journal, or just a close friend. 

mindi6103
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:39 AM

I don't think she was being mean with her reply(I read your journal) I just think she meant that you should talk to your Dr about what you're going through because maybe there's something that can be done.  I've dealt with really bad anxiety like that to the point where I would wake up at night with my heart pounding and feeling like I couldn't breathe, I wasn't pregnant though and I generally only get those attacks when my husband is deployed.  I  hope you can figure out something you can do to make this get better.  I know its no fun.

CafeMom Tickers
PhotobucketBF, Soldier, Love
2ndTymeMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:20 AM

I have bad dreams too---but mine all stem from a chaotic childhood.  They ARE very real, and I totally understand where you're coming from.  The cold sweats, screaming and crying out---but now, the dreams are turning towards my little DD....

I'm actually going to post the dream I had tonight to get some feedback like you are. (which is why I'm up and have been awake since 4am)

I would say that they're crazy Prego dreams.  They're documented well, in numerous books I've read---it's your worry that you won't be able to protect you and your child(ren).  And it stems from your bad relationships. 

I would take those other ladies' advice and consult your doctor.  Sleep is very important, and your sleep is most definitely being affected.  The doc can prescribe something for anxiety, for sleep, or something else....but the good news is, it can be fixed---or at the very least lessened.

I feel for you honey---i really do.  Nightmares that make you wake up screaming and crying and sweating are no picnic and I've sought therapy numerous times (numerous because I thought i was better and I wasn't...I didn't stick with it long enough)

Good luck!

in lovegirl giving flowerexpecting boycat

montessori_mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:34 AM

During my first trimester, I had terrible dreams myself.  Mine were nothing like you described, so I can't pretend to fully understand what you're going through.  I'm so sorry to hear all of that is going on!  However, I did have dreams where my husband would abandon me and a child on the side of the road someplace, and things like that.  In pregnancy, you have so many new concerns, fears and it's not surprising that any emotions you don't deal with during the day might find their way into your dreams.

Whether you decide to talk with someone, like your doctor, or not - I wish you the very best.  In my second, and now third trimester, my dreams seem to have gone away - at least the frightening ones.  It may be that it was the fear and uncertainty of those first twelve weeks, or just the newness of knowing how much our lives were going to change that caused my anxiety.  I'm not really sure, but it's much better now.  I do hope that you can find some peace - what you're going through sounds terrible!  Your body needs rest, and your doctor may be able to help you get it.

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)