Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Horrible Nightmare!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:37 AM
  • 2 Replies

Can someone tell me what this means????  I know when you're pregnant, you can have some pretty messed up dreams----but this one had me coming out of it screaming, crying and hyperventilating!!

My DH and I were in and around the kitchen making supper.  He was doing the most, because I'm on bedrest and was just walking around supervising.  He had meat out on the counter---but I didn't see the knife, so I wasn't too concerned with DD being on her chair around the meat... 

(Background:  DD likes to help in the kitchen when we cook.  She stands on a chair next to us and watches us.)

...well, I turn around to her muffled "Eee!" and the meat almost drops to the floor---that's when I see the knife in her hand!!!  I grab for the knife and the meat.  Put the meat and knife back up on the counter and turn to ask her if she's ok.  DD is standing there holding her hands.  I ask her to let me see and she shows me....

SHE CUT OFF HER RING FINGER!!! RIGHT TO THE 3rd KNUCKLE at the PALM!!!

I start to hyperventilate and looked at the cutting board and there was her little finger laying there----I started stammering for my DH.  He came back to me and I was holding her finger in my hand showing him---but he wasn't recognizing what it was, so I manuevered it to hold her finger between my thumb and pointer finger---- and woke up screaming "She cut off her finger!!! She cut off her finger!!! Help her, Help her!!!"

Weird part is, there was no blood!!!---it was like the finger had never been there at all!!  It looked perfectly healed and like it hadn't been there for some time.  And she didn't cry, she just wimpered and was more afraid to show me!

What does this mean???  Her WEDDING finger---what does this mean???

Could it be my fears about not being able to protect her??  Could it be my own insecurities in my marriage (DH and I are having some problems we're trying to work through by reading Self Help books "Babyproofing Your Marriage"---which is helping tons!)???? 

HELP!!!

crying

in lovegirl giving flowerexpecting boycat

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM

I'm sorry you had such a horrible dream!  I am not sure what it could mean, but it sounds like you have a good idea of some fear and anxieties you are dealing with right now that could be the cause. 

Amber- Group Owner of:
Unique Baby Names
and Children's Health Issues

grapejelly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:26 AM

i know a lot of fears and insecurities come out in my dreams (especially since I've become pregnant), it might be worth bringing up to your doctor (so they know you are stressed out)

Hang in there!

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)