Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had a miscarriage

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am/was probably about 8wks along, and started miscarrying this Saturday.

On friday, I looked at my husband and said... "Oh shit, I think I'm pregnant.  I am almost 4 wks late..... lets get a test."  Oh course he said..."I thought your boobs looked bigger"

Although we didn't confirm the pregnancy, I am 100% sure about it.  Saturday I woke up (we were attending a funeral), and knew something was wrong.  There has been alot of blood, clotting, and pains for the past 48 hours, and I'm hoping that this day will bring a bit of relief. 

This is my second miscarriage (both have been when NOT trying to get pregnant), the first was a lot more painful, could not sit or lie down.  Had to keep walking around.   This time around, I would not consider them painful like labor.  I have had two natural births, and feel as though I have a higher threshold for pain.  But these were not period cramps by any means.  So, somewhere in between.

We were not emotionally attached to this baby that was growing, but do feel a little sorry.  Either my body wasn't ready, or the baby wasn't ready.  I just wanted to share my feelings and experience in writing.  It is actually a much better thing that there is no baby at this point in our lives, as I have moved us to a new city to pursue a BSN.  I do hope we will be able to create more children in the future, in fact my husband told me he now wants 5.  But I think fate takes charge sometimes, and this is what was meant to be.

If anyone else would like to share their experience, it may help me a little.  If not, thank you for taking the time I hear someone else's experience.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wildsissy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I am sorry for your loss but at the same time very glad to see you are at such a positive place with the situation.    Hope you are feeling better soon. 

pregnant belly~~MELISSA PREGGERS WITH OLIVIA DUE 6/20~~

grapejelly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I'm sorry for you loss and I'm glad to hear you are doing ok with it.

CafeMom Tickers

cdeweese
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I had two miscarriages last year (2009) before this pregnancy (it took us 3 years to even get pregnant and I'm now 28 weeks) and I think they made me appreciate pregnancy and being able to have a family much more! I may become pregnant in the future when it's "inconvenient", but I will appreciate that pregnancy because I was unable to have a baby for so long.

BratDevil1715
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM

From the time my daughter was born in 2001 and my son was born in 2006 I had 2 miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy under my belt. I feel your pain and I am so sorry for your lost. Hang in there, I always said everything happens for a reason and those 3 pregnancy that didnt take were not those babies time. Now I have 3 healthy children (I had my youngest daughter in 2007) and I couldnt be more happier. I wish you well in your career and in any future babies you may have. 

~Mandy~

"You call me a dreamer, but sometimes dreams come true..."

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I'm so sorry. If you believe you were pregnant you should really call your obgyn and schedule and appt. You should get seen to make sure everything is ok and your body gets rid of the pregnancy on it's own. When I had my m/c I was bleeding but it wasn't actually getting rid of the pregnancy so they were going to so a d&c but 2 days later my body did it's job. It's better to get checked to make sure your ok. Again, I'm sorry.

apoe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:51 AM

i'm sorry for your loss. we lost our first one at 8 weeks. we found out on thursday that i was pregnant and m/c  the following tuesday. it took as 3 years to get pregnant with our son. my now dr decided to watch me closely with him since i was scared it would happen again.  my hubby once told me he wanted 5 kids also. when i told him i was only go to give birth twice. he responded the first time can be twins and the second can be triplets. needless to say he get get his wish. i wish you the best of luck in the future

BeautyFromPain
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)