Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who have two or more babies close in age!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM
  • 5 Replies

My DD will be 2 years old when my new one is born! I don't know the sex yet, but I am already starting to think about the things I need since I probably won't be having another babyshower since they are so close in age! If it is a girl I was thinking that I would just use the same carseat that I had for my DD, for the new baby, if its a girl! The carseat would be 2 years old....Is that to outdated? Unsafe? If it's a boy of course I would buy a new one because I just can't have my son on a cherry blossom carseat, haha the poor kid! For those of you who have reused what did you reuse and what did you buy new? Thanks!

breastfeedingbaby girlin loveexpecting baby~*~Holly~*~

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gizzy22
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Ok well first things first! Congrats on the new baby!!!

My DD's are 2 years and 4 months apart. I pretty much reused what ever i had. I got a new carseat because i didnt have an infant one anymore(but she grew out of it fast! within a few months) But i reused bottles, nipples, binkys, clothing, towels. I mean you name it i used it. It made it easier because i had a girl already and then had another one. Now my oldest is about to be 3 next month and my youngest just turned 7 months old. First though i would check the recall list to make sure the car seat isnt recalled, second if that car seat has been in ANY  accident i reccomend getting a new one anyways then. They can be non affective if been in any accident. If you wanna talk more PM me. Any questions feel free to ask..

3n2
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM
My first 2 kids were only 11 months apart, so I couldn't reuse everything...some things the first baby still needed. But, I did reuse the carseat (I had a gender neutral one). Reused: baby swing, bouncer, high chair (by the time new baby was ready for highchair I moved the older one to a booster seat at the table), changing table, baby towels and sheets, onesies, sleepers (things that no one sees and don't need to be gender specific!), bottles, bassinet. The big things I bought new were crib and double stroller.
MarriedJess
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM

my kids are not close but I wanted to tell you I see no problem with you reusing your carseat also you can just order the fabric from Graco...I was going to do that if I got a hand-me-down carseat from a friend because I love love the owl line they have at target but I didnt want the stroller just the carseat

Pregnancy Ticker

Mom2Bria
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Quoting Gizzy22:

Ok well first things first! Congrats on the new baby!!!

My DD's are 2 years and 4 months apart. I pretty much reused what ever i had. I got a new carseat because i didnt have an infant one anymore(but she grew out of it fast! within a few months) But i reused bottles, nipples, binkys, clothing, towels. I mean you name it i used it. It made it easier because i had a girl already and then had another one. Now my oldest is about to be 3 next month and my youngest just turned 7 months old. First though i would check the recall list to make sure the car seat isnt recalled, second if that car seat has been in ANY  accident i reccomend getting a new one anyways then. They can be non affective if been in any accident. If you wanna talk more PM me. Any questions feel free to ask..

Now that I think about it! I was rear ended last spring!!! SON OF A!!! Oh well...I really secretly wanted to get a new one regardless...I love shopping!! haha

MamaKrystal
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Congratulations mama. My daughter turned 2 when I had my son and we used the same carseat and stroller for him. Considering when my daughter was born all the pink baby things were not very common and was expensive at the time. Now they have plenty of cute pink things and they aren't as expensive. I'm jealous but anyways, she had a blue carseat and stroller so we were able to let her little brother use it. We also had her crib still that her brother now sleeps in. We reused the bathtub and baby toys she had as well. We had to buy all new bottles, clothes, diaper bag, crib sheets and blankets for him. Now we we are expecting our 3rd child which is a boy so we are able to save money with him too but still have to get another crib and plenty of other things as well. It will still be expensive but not as bad though. Good luck mamas. 

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)