Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there anything i need to know....?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM
  • 14 Replies

this is my 2nd child, but first vaginal (if all goes well)

i have NO idea what to have in mind for a vaginal birth, and as i am only a few days away.....id like to know everything little thing that helps make it easier :) i am SOO nervous!

anything you can recommend would be amazing :)

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hggmommy87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Stay up on your epidural...just dont get too much that you cant feel to push:)

MammaRed
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I know you said you're going in to be induced if labor doesn't happen before then -- they are going to try and start by breaking your water correct?

If this happens, or even if they induce with Pitocin and you have to have an IV at this point you can still walk around and be mobile.  Inconvenient yes for the nurses and such, but they are not the ones having the baby. 

You can still walk around, you just have to push your IV stand (I was induced with my first -- NEVER AGAIN but I still demanded that I walk around and be upright)

The epidural does make it difficult to feel when your body wants to push (depending on how high the dosage) so if all else fails, pushing feels like trying to move a really big bowel.  Simple as that!

Good Luck in your VBAC  :o)

Hisservent
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I'd like toknow too. My first was an emergency c-section after induction. We are planning on a vbac for this second baby and I am already freaking out. lol I am afraid that my water will break when I am out in public, or I won't be able to get someone over here if I go into labor at 2am, I need someone to watch my son and I dont want to tote him around at 2am.  Sometimes I worry about hemorraging during labor and what not. Part of me wants to schedule a c-section just so I can avoid all that, but a really big part of me wants to do this naturally (well with pain meds lol) There are pros and cons either way, so I am interested in other's thoughts as well. 

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

Hisservent
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:15 AM

they're allowing an induction after a c-section? My dr wouldn't allow that. If you were induced, but had a c-section, you can't be induced again. At least that's the policy at my hospital. But I am glad becaus the mix of the pitocin and epidural caused problems for us and we both almost died.

Quoting MammaRed:

I know you said you're going in to be induced if labor doesn't happen before then -- they are going to try and start by breaking your water correct?

If this happens, or even if they induce with Pitocin and you have to have an IV at this point you can still walk around and be mobile.  Inconvenient yes for the nurses and such, but they are not the ones having the baby. 

You can still walk around, you just have to push your IV stand (I was induced with my first -- NEVER AGAIN but I still demanded that I walk around and be upright)

The epidural does make it difficult to feel when your body wants to push (depending on how high the dosage) so if all else fails, pushing feels like trying to move a really big bowel.  Simple as that!

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM

yes they will be breaking my water. my doc already knows that i dont want to be in my bed...i want to walk and stay active as much as possible and she said no problem

Quoting MammaRed:

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM

i didnt even try a vaginal birth with my first because of contacting HSV so late in my pregnancy.

Quoting Hisservent:

they're allowing an induction after a c-section? My dr wouldn't allow that. If you were induced, but had a c-section, you can't be induced again. At least that's the policy at my hospital. But I am glad becaus the mix of the pitocin and epidural caused problems for us and we both almost died.

Quoting MammaRed:

BaileysMommy208
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Honestly you dont need to know to much. Just stick to what you want and what you have told your Dr. you want while in labor and you will be fine. Dont let the nurses push you into anything you dont want. Your body will naturally tell you what to do. If you get an epi (which are a godsend btw lol) just make sure the dose isnt too strong or you wont be able to feel to push. When it comes time to push you will feel ALOT of pressure in your bottom area like you have to use the bathroom. Your body will pretty much let you know when its time. Dont be nervous, a vaginal birth is much much easier then a c-section as ive been told by my sister. Goodluck and I really hope he comes soon! Cant wait to see pics!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Rockrebel16
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I had both of mine vaginal and I was mobile with both. I didn't take the epiduarl with either one I just walked around till the contractions got close together and then I would lay in bed. I would change positions alot that helped me. I also did massage and breathing techniques which helped me alot. If you focus more on your breathing through the contractions it helps with the pain for me. I also brought music with me to the room and I did a birthing plan to hand to the nurses so they new what I wanted and what I didnt cause my doctor only visited me twice during the labor. My water was broke with both of mine also cause they were scheduled inductions. Once I hit a 4 with both of mine is when they broke my water to speed things up. After that everything went by really fast for me. I hope this helps

crwspringer
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I am going to assume that you are going to check in the night b4 they induce your labor.  If they don't already offer, ask for something to help you sleep through the night.  Otherwise you will up waking up every hour bc you are anxious/ nurses... etc.  That way you will be fully rested for the task ahead of you.

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM

i will just be going in a 8am for my doc to break my water and go from there.

Quoting crwspringer:

I am going to assume that you are going to check in the night b4 they induce your labor.  If they don't already offer, ask for something to help you sleep through the night.  Otherwise you will up waking up every hour bc you are anxious/ nurses... etc.  That way you will be fully rested for the task ahead of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)