Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lots of questions....from maternity leave to being induced

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 3 Replies

Okay ladies......I work from home as a childcare provider. I have a sub that can work when I have the baby and for as long as I need her but I really dont have the funds to stay out of work that long. My hubby took a week off to care for the baby and me. And even when I go work the baby will be with me. How many days do you think I would need to rest?

Okay another question.

My hubby works at Target and they made him request his time off 30 days in advance and this being my 3rd baby....I thought I would have him on my due date (thursday) but now Im not so sure. Do you think that if I dont have him by this weekend I can request to be induced? I was induced with  my last almost 3 weeks in advance cause he was so big 8'8oz. I really want my hubby to get to spend some time with the baby and help me with the other two kids.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amy31308
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I've heard of others that do daycare that they take 2 weeks off then return.. I personally would give it a full month. I would hate the thought of going back to work too soon after having a baby.

It depends on your doctor. Some will, some won't. So you'll just have to ask :)

Good Luck!!!

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

Hisservent
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I would treat it as if you were working out of the home. Standard maternity leave is at least 4 weeks. If you end up having a c-section, you should give yourself 8 weeks.

I don't know what to suggest about your hubby. Sometimes our babies can be unpredictable. I don't think I would be induced just because it's more convenient, but that's your choice. 

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

grapejelly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM

i'd take at least 2 weeks. 

I can see the reasoning you have for being induced, I guess it would be up to you and your doctor to see if it's the rigth decision.  For me it wouldn't be.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)