Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mini Van world here we go...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am so excited, today we are trading in our jeep cherokee for a 05 toyota sienna van.  I guess having three kids you really do need something larger..my husband went on his own saturday- picked one out and yahoo get to pick it up today.  I have the best hubby in the world!!!!!

Update:  I got the Toyota Sienna and I absolutely love, love, love it!  One of the rear doors opens automatically by the push of a button, stow and go seating very nice ect...I did love my jeep cherokee laredo but happy to have something the whole family will fit in comfortably once baby is born in March.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tristangirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:09 AM

congrats! My hubby was trying to get me to get a van but this will be our first and only chid, I dont think I need a van for one... just a roomy car! Toyotas are great good luck!

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I am very much looking forward to when we can get a mini van lol i have friends that think im crazy, but ive always put being a mom and havinga mini van together lol. Im only pregnant with number 2 right now, so our small suv will be just fine, but in a few years when friends and school and all that come into play i will most deffenitly be looking into getting one! Congrats! have fun with all that extra room!

cms52006
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I love having a van.. I didn't think I would.... We have had it a year and I can't live with out it... Now that we are having baby # 3... we need it.. We travel a lot during the summer.. we may have to get a trailer... haha... I love hitting a button and the doors and the back door just open for me...

CafeMom Tickers
starreyedcutie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Grrrrr we have to get a mini van too. We just found out that we are pregnant with #3 so we definatly will need one cuz right now we have a 08 Chevy Impala and it just wont cut it with 3 kids ya know. But ive always hated them, im a BIG Muscle CAR buff and cant believe that soon i will be that mom with the mini van. im sure ill love it after we get it but i dream of '68 Camaros lol NOT mini vans...the good thing is most of them are SUPER safe and alot of em come stock with DVD players ect...we'll see what happens 

Pregnancy%20ticker

EXPECTING BABY NUMBER 3!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
mommy2xp
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:56 AM

glad ur excited!! my dh tried to get me a van when i was prego with #3but i couldnt do it lol we got a durango with third row seats instead  hope u enjoy ur van

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I've been given the task of researching our "family vehicle," since the '02 Rio I currently drive won't hold a car seat and our puppy that will be 45-50 pounds by the time baby arrives. I'm not a big fan of most mini vans that I've driven, but some of the features have been kind of neat. In addition to the automatically opening doors a previous poster mentioned, I like fold flat seats. In college, I drove guest artists and equipment for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival and having the fold flat seats made it easy for me to drop off a string bass then immediately load 5 people into the van. Granted, as a work from home mom, my need for a vehicle that can hold large musical instruments is not what it used to be.  

CafeMom Tickers
jjessers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Congrats Mama...

My sister got a Sienna last yr...she loves it :)

We're SUV people...but the Sienna is definitely one of the nicer minivans.

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM

we are only on baby number 2 and i want a van already! lol after Bryant is born i am taking my dog from my moms house and we wont even be able to all travel in a car......oh well, minivans are nice and roomy! lol

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

tristangirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Quoting mrsniebo:

I've been given the task of researching our "family vehicle," since the '02 Rio I currently drive won't hold a car seat and our puppy that will be 45-50 pounds by the time baby arrives. I'm not a big fan of most mini vans that I've driven, but some of the features have been kind of neat. In addition to the automatically opening doors a previous poster mentioned, I like fold flat seats. In college, I drove guest artists and equipment for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival and having the fold flat seats made it easy for me to drop off a string bass then immediately load 5 people into the van. Granted, as a work from home mom, my need for a vehicle that can hold large musical instruments is not what it used to be.  

the nissan quest is very nice, I have driven one and it didnt feel like I was in a huge van! Also the vw routan that just came out is nice also. the vw does have the fold flat seats as well as the last row will flip backwards to make "stadium" seating for at the park or a soccer game. Good Luck!

begamom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM

we had to get a minivan too! but we got a honda odyssey. it's ok, but I can't wait for the time to come so we can trade it in for a suburban!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)