Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, he's mine!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

You know that "wow, he/she's actually mine" moment that you normally have a few weeks after the baby's born?? I had that (for the first time mind you) last week and my "baby" is 2yo! LOL

I was rocking him to sleep and he had his head on my shoulder w/his face towards mine. I just sat there for 5min or so thinking "wow! I can't believe he's actually mine/ours! I can't believe that we actually made him and here he is!" It was just.. It left in awe!

LOL Yeah, I know that I was supposed to have that thought MONTHS ago but I'm a little slow sometimes. :o)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sjump25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I have those moments all the time!!  Just the other day I laid down with him for a nap and he was fast asleep and I was just staring at him thinking "he is the most precious thing and I am so lucky that he is mine". 

CafeMom Tickers
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I love that feeling. I still look at my dd and think that all the time. I always tell her she's my favorite girl in the whole wide world. I'm still so in love with my dd!

Jordansmom810
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM

LOL yeah i have those thoughts all the time too! but when it hit me real hard was the other day when he said   "aawww, I lub you mama!"  I cried and my son is 17 months old.. :)

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I have had that moment almost every day since i had my son, he is 3 years old now! lol It truely is amazing.. And now there will be another to feel that way about, AND its a girl!  My mom passed away when i was 12, so having a girl to have a mother daughter relationship with is so incredibly special to me. I feel very blessed.

mommy2xp
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM

i have those moments all the time! it's so weird to think i'm actually a mommy and these lil girls were growing inside of me.  just amazing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)