Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling so alone!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

I so can't stand FAKE friend's! All it comes down to in life is honestly family. But, I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. I love my kid's and my husband! I just wish sometimes there was someone else to talk to or see besides kid talk all the time lol. I feel being a stay at home mom is best, but also stressful because I need someone to talk to too. However, the friends I have just use me and want me to baby sit. Because of the person I am, I'd do anything for anyone! I just hate feeling all alone. I wish I had someone who understood me, or just was a good enough friend. But, I guess growing up and having a family takes everyone away. It's how they seem to act. Blah sorry for the vent!

Chasity - Wife to Corey 11.18.2006 - Mommy to Brayson Matthew 05.31.2007 & Landon Keith 09.05.2008 & Kelsey Addison EDD 03.27.2010!
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
2ndTymeMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Hey Mama! I know how you feel.  I'm just like you...willing to do anything for anybody but usually those people only hang around til they don't need me anymore.  I have one really good friend I was fortunate to meet about 2 yrs ago...but I don't see her all that often (she just had another baby and we live a little ways from each other and my not having a vehicle makes her responsible for all the driving---which she doesn't always have time to do) and miss her greatly.

I'm on bedrest and haven't really seen anybody for about 2 months now...so I definitely know about lonely.  Family, DH and our DD is always enough for me---but sometimes you just need a girl friend---know what I mean? :)

If you'd like, we could attempt to be friends.  I don't know where you live, but if it's far away from me---I'm always available by email, facebook or on here.

Let me know if this is something you'd like to pursue---cuz i think it could be really great! :)

high five

in lovegirl giving flowerexpecting boycat

mommy2xp
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:17 AM

i feel the same way! for now i'm just trying to focus on being happy on my own with my kids. if i find a friend then that's great but it wont be because i'm desperate for one that's usually when i make the bad friends anyway

mwilt
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:22 AM

i completly understand also. i love my dh but he doesnt talk much (just his personality) and i too am a stay at home momma. me and the girls have so much fun but  i wish i had a good friend to hang with sometimes. i have one close friend. shes married too and has 2 kids also. we used to hang out  alot but it seems like when we go out i have to pay for her dinner or movie tcket and i dont even get a thank you. i dont mind but i really dont have the money either! i would give anything to find a good friend that i can rely on, but can pay for herself!!! good luck! 

mcghee03
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I'm in the same boat. If it wasn't for my mom and sisters - (In add. to hubby ) I would be pretty much alone. I do have some girlfriends, but they are all alot older than me and there kids  are all  teenagers, so they are just in a different stage of live - I know if I really needed them they would be there butit isn;t like having someone in the same stage of life to understand what you are going thru

Real friends are way to far and few to be found.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)