Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emergency Question!!! Please Read and Respond!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am 39 weeks and i was laying in bed this morning when my 14 month old did a butt pound on me. He landed mostly on my chest but he hit the top of my belly. I've felt nausious since and can't decide if we should go to the hopspital again. Please let me know what you think?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I'm not surprised, I'd be nauseated Even if I wasn't pregnant!  I would call or go in to L&D just in case though.  But don't fret too much, because you would be amazed at how well protected your baby is. 

BratDevil1715

If your body is telling your something and you dont feel right, I would go get yourself checked out. Better to be safe then sorry. Good Luck! 

~Mandy~

"You call me a dreamer, but sometimes dreams come true..."

amy31308

If your not contracting, cramping, or bleeding I woudn't. If your real worrried about it call the Dr.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

Jocelynne8
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Listen to your body. I would go get checked out. Better safe than sorry. I hope all is well

mommy2xp
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM

my dd did this to me a few times and i felt really sick.  just take it super easy today. dont do anything that you dont have to. if you start having any pains then call the dr. also count baby movements.  if u are worried about anything call ur dr

sarahmward
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Quoting amy31308:

If your not contracting, cramping, or bleeding I woudn't. If your real worrried about it call the Dr.

I've been having contractions for about two weeks. Right now there about 7  minutes apart. Every time we go in, we're sent home either a couple hours later or the next morning.

amy31308
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Is your baby still moving?

Do you know if the baby is head down?

The ONLY reason I would worry is if the baby was breech that maybe your son bounced on it's head, but even then there is alot of protection. As long as your baby is still moving and theres no bleeding I don't think I would go to the hospital. I would just talk to the doctor and see what he thinks. Or wait and see if your contractions get closer.

Quoting sarahmward:

Quoting amy31308:

I've been having contractions for about two weeks. Right now there about 7  minutes apart. Every time we go in, we're sent home either a couple hours later or the next morning.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

kegansmommy1903
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Its always better to get checked out and find out everything is ok than to wait and find out something was terribly wrong. I would go anyways...it cant hurt.

cw78
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM

call your dr and see if they can have you come to the office and check you out there instead of the hospital:) GL

mandeemaldonado
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM

weeks the baby is probably fine. If you did have to deliver it wouldn't be a big deal. The question I have is do you feel the baby move? at least 10 movements in 24 hours is good. Did your water break? are you bleeding? nausea can come back towards the end of the pregnancy anyway because the baby is taking up so much room and squishing all of your organs.  I wouldn't worry too much. Call your doctor if you are worried but I'm sure your baby is just fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)