Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

What is everyone doing to get ready? do you have a plan for after baby comes? Anyone making meals and freezing them to make things easier? What are your tips for an easy few first weeks?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lbluv20
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I have three good friends comming a few days before the section is scheduled. they are going to cook for me  and freeze meals lol I am excited about that. One is a photographer so she is going to do maternity pics before and infant pics right after. One is also bringing here 3 year old son to keep my 3 year old occupided. I have some family comming a few days after i have the baby. They are going to stay a little while to help me with the baby. Everyone is being really awesome and wanting to help me this time because with my son, i had no one.. my MIL was supposed to stay with me while my husband went to training a week post op and she left the same day leaving me completely alone for a few weeks lol nice right ! She feels bad about it and is going to try and stay a little longer.

cms52006
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I have a few meals already in the freezer and my MIL will be here for almost 4 months and she love to plan out meals... So things will be set here for a while..

CafeMom Tickers
Mandola21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM

wow! Can I borrow your friends?lol Sounds like you're set! How exciting! I bet that tales alot of stress off!

Quoting Lbluv20:

I have three good friends comming a few days before the section is scheduled. they are going to cook for me  and freeze meals lol I am excited about that. One is a photographer so she is going to do maternity pics before and infant pics right after. One is also bringing here 3 year old son to keep my 3 year old occupided. I have some family comming a few days after i have the baby. They are going to stay a little while to help me with the baby. Everyone is being really awesome and wanting to help me this time because with my son, i had no one.. my MIL was supposed to stay with me while my husband went to training a week post op and she left the same day leaving me completely alone for a few weeks lol nice right ! She feels bad about it and is going to try and stay a little longer.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

pregnant

Mandola21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM

what kind of meals have you frozen? I have no clue when it comes to that LOL

Quoting cms52006:

I have a few meals already in the freezer and my MIL will be here for almost 4 months and she love to plan out meals... So things will be set here for a while..

cms52006
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I have ziti, chicken enchiladas,apple pie, cake, homemade rolls, I have more I just can't think of the them...

CafeMom Tickers
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM

After my son was born, I was completely lost. I had never grocery shopped before he was born (we ate out mostly or we would pick things up as we needed them.) DH went shopping the day after we came home and bought a ton of meals that just needed to be heated up. And we had a bunch of people from our "church" come by and bring meals. One of the guys that use to work for DH came to visit us with his wife and she made us dinner which was so nice. Im not going to freeze anything this time around. Im worried about what im going to do with my son while im in the hospital?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
MamaKrystal
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Those are very good questions that I constantly ask myself and my husband over and over again. Right now, our parents are even hassling us about what is our emergency plan and etc. We are 6 months along and due in April. Most of our family are in KS and we live in AR. The closest relative we have is 2 hours away from us. We still have alot to buy and prepare for this little one's arrival. Our mother's plan on coming the week of my due date which they hope will be the time I give birth and not early. We will see LoL. They plan on staying for 3 weeks to help with our 2 kids while we are taking care of our new addition. What we did after we had our 2nd child, we had alot of help from our parents with the food preparation which helped alot. Now I have to defintely plan ahead the meals just incase our mom's do not get here in time. Not everything is discussed and planned out yet, I'm hoping that we will have everything worked out before March.  

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)