Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts on circumcision...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM
  • 160 Replies

A question to those out there that either already have or are pregnant with a boy.  What are your thoughts on circumcision?  I've heard that for medical reasons it's best for a boy to be circumcised however I've also heard that it is putting the child though unnecessary pain.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariscilla
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM
my opinion is based on my experience. some have good experiences but not me. i found it o be traumatic and something he really didnt need to go through. if i were to have another boy he would not get it done.
kegansmommy1903
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I have a 2 year old son and he is circumsized. WHen they are just a couple weeks old they dont remember the pain. I just like it better because its easier to take care of down there and easier to clean. He will like it better when hes older i think. Thats just my opinion.

bchylilblonde
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I am currently pregnant with a boy and I have done some research on the topic and so far it seems to be one of those... equally good and bad... so its up to the parent type of things. my husband is not circumcised b/c he is from el salvador and it isn't something that is generally done there(according to him). So we have gone back and forth. I think at this point though, we lean more towards a circumcision but thats just us... 

ashleyrenee24
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I think its really pointless. There is no real medical reason for it. JMO

KairisMama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I will have my son circumcised. There probably will be some pain, but it's not a long procedure, and most baby boys come out of it just fine. My nephew cried maybe 2 minutes according to his parents, and all was well.

DH and I prefer our son be circumcised too.

Kairi       

mcghee03
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I am expecting a boy ad do plan on having him circumcised. Since  I personally have  never had this done I have done some research on it and have learned many things about it. But the final decision has been left to my husband & He is all for it - He tells me that he doesn't remember having it done and was not traumatized by it and thinks that for healthans sanitary reasons for both our son and his future spouse it should be done.

rileysmommy229
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM

my first son is circumsized this baby boy will be too...my husband is circumsized & it's just the right thing for us.

Caligurl19
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM

my son is 2 and he is circumcised and i am prego with a boy and he will be too i had it done when my son was 3 days old and he dont remember it and it helps keep it clean this is my last baby but if i was having more and they where boys i would do it again

Cynthje
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I am from a part of the world where routine infant circumcision doesnt exist and i cant find any good reason to have it done at all. Intact babies are easier to take care off, there is no scar tissue to take care off. Also circumcision is not without risks and i reeally do not understand why anyone would put their infant through it.

All the so called benefits are not even mentioned in countries where it doesnt exist, why? Because there are no real benefits, its cosmetic surgery.

Throughout the world, there exists a group of women who feel mightily drawn to giving care to women in childbirth. At the same time maternal and independent, responsive to a mother's needs, yet accepting full responsibility as her attendant; such women are natural midwives. Without the presence and acceptance of the midwife, obstetrics becomes aggressive, technical, and inhuman.

Professor G.J. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:24 PM

agree with you. my son will be born within the next few days and we will NOT be getting him done.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I think its really pointless. There is no real medical reason for it. JMO

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)