Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping position

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am 17 weeks preggo and still not showing. I am a stomach sleeper all the way, but someone said the other day that after 16 weeks you shouldn't sleep on your stomach whether you are showing or not.  So this got me all worried and I have been trying to sleep on my side, but in the middle of the night I wake up on my stomach.  With no belly there to stop me it's a natural thing for me to do.  I have been getting no sleep lately because I am worried I am going to roll on my stomach.  Should I be that worried or is it okay that I am on my stomach if I am not showing?  I think I will probably call my doctor today and ask I just thought I would see what the response was here first.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Trish1984
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I was told by an OB to sleep on left side as much as possible and not to worry if you wake up and your on your stomach or your back or your right side. They say your left because the circulations works best on that position, but my dh is in nursing school adn they just taught him that its best to be on your right side so i have no clue what side is the best. But if you wake up on ur belly i wouldnt worry too much. just flip to your side and go back to bed.

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

You can sleep on your stomach (or your back) as long as you are comfortable. You will not hurt or squish the baby at all. The baby is protected by your pelvic wall, amniotic fluid, your utuers, and your abdominal wall.

The great thing about the pregnant body is that if you are harming the baby while sleeping, you will get uncomfortable and self-adjust.

I am 28 weeks and I will roll over onto my tummy. Not all the way because I am too big, but pretty close.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

sjump25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Thanks ladies.
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)