Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 week checkup

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

I had my 18 week checkup today and it went great. The babys heart beat was 161. I denied the alpha protien blood work (think thats what it was called) because i told her i would end up dening the aminotesis(ms) anyways, and she told me that if i would deny that then theres no reason to have the blood work done, and their is a risk of getting a false positive, so i didnt feel i needed to get all worked up because whether my child has health problems or not ill still look at him/her the same and they had me for my next u/s on the 3rd of February but because ive had an history of neural tube defects, my midwife made me an appt to see a perinologist(ms) for this thursday. Its a 3d/4d u/s. I am not too worried that they will find my baby with anencephaly since that is something they would have a caught at my first u/s but there is still a chance the baby could have spinal bifilda(ms) but either way i will not change how i feel about the baby. I've never had a 3d/4d u/s before, what can expect. do they do it the same way as the regular u/s's? Also with me being 18 wks whats the chance of them not being able to find out the sex?

Im just so glad that the babys heart beat was good and so far everything looks great. Just fingers crossed they dont find nothing on the u/s that is bad.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mwilt
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM

more than likely you'll be able to see the sex. my daughters were 17 weeks and 18 weeks when i found out their sex and i know ppl who found out even earlier. 3d ultrasounds are awesome. u can actually see the baby. not just bones and stuff. i havent had a 4d done yet but ive seen pics and they are even better. i have a 3d pic of my first daughter at 35 weeks or so and it showed how fat she was. 8 13 at birth!!! see all the rolls!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)