Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C Sections

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:41 PM
  • 18 Replies

As I scroll through looking at the Mother & Baby First pics I noticed a lot of you say something about a 3 hour wait time before getting to see your baby...

I had a c section with my first, and they cut him out of me, showed him to me, took and cleaned him up weighed him, foot prints and all that, and then took him to the room with his father, and my parents, and his siblings, and then right when they were done stapling me back together again, I went to the room where my baby was there, and I was able to hold him and everything though I didn't very much because as soon as I gotback to the room I downed some water cause they hadnt let me having anything but ice chips in like 18 hours.. lol and then started throwing up from drinking to fast, but they didn't make me wait 3 hours to see my baby and I think I'd kinda be distraught had they...

I'm giving birth to this one in a new hospital and planned on a csection, but maybe this is a question I should ask beforehand..

Did most of you that had a c section have to wait??

Photobucket

Proud Momma of this Family.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I have no idea what would have happened under normal circumstances.  My son was taken to the NICU and I couldn't go see him for 24 hours.  My mom went in and saw him and brought me a picture to look at and I remember laying in that bed, in so much pain, just crying because I wanted to see my baby....

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

MichaelsMomm122
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I had to have my son from a c-section come to find out because his cord was wrapped around his neck three times and he wouldnt come out at all...not even with a vacuum ..etc. Anyways, when the doctor got him out he didnt even hold him up over the sheet for me to see him.  That was so rude. I didnt see him until they got him cleaned up and my husband brought him to me.

CafeMom Tickers

jeeniegurl03
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM

It defiantly wasn't 3 hours for me. My first was an emergency and as soon as I got to the recovery room they brought her in and got to hold her and try breastfeeding. Same with my second!

youngmommy22289
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM

i had to wait i think it was between 3 - 4 hrs before i got to see my son. he was not in NICU or anything either.  after i was stapled the wheeled me to triage and i had to stay there until i could wiggle my toes then they took me to my room and it was about an hour after i got there til i could see him.  hopefully i dont have to wait that long for this one. but im sure i will.

kara_g.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM

it was 45 min for me and she was with my husband the whole time.

Armywife6
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM

My son was an emergency c-section, he went into fetal distress.  They held him up for me to see then, cleaned him up while stitching me up. Then we went to the recovery room together. IDK if that was because no one else was having a baby at that time. Or if it was because my DH wasn't there (he was deployed) or if that's there policy. So I'd say if you're unsure ask, it can't hurt.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

christina_h
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I got to see/hold my son immediately after my c-section.

Jennasmom08
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

It was 3 hours for me, I was in recovery and my DH was with her in the nursery. I had gestation diabetes though, and she had low blood sugar at birth from it and needed to be watched, sugars checked and a bottle of formula before I could be with her.

JaxonsInkedMom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for the input I think I'll ask and see if its like a procedure or whatnot...

Photobucket

Proud Momma of this Family.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I had to wait 3 hours to hold her because she had the cord around her neck. With my son I got to  see everything they were doing with him after he was born and my husband held him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)